DAC Reports?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by LorettaC, Jan 20, 2016.

1. LorettaC

LorettaC Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    New York
    Hi all! I'm a journalist and am looking for drivers who know about/have experience with their DAC reports. I'm interested to know how how they are used in hiring and what your thoughts are. If you or someone you know has something to share, please let me know how to contact you! Thanks a lot :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I just got a copy of mine.

There's nothing on it but previous addresses and dates and locations for every permit, license, and driving test I've ever taken.

I don't mind the tool if it will speed up the background check process and help us get hired more efficiently.
    However there are some who claim an employer will put false information on your DAC, which would concern me if it were true.

LorettaC Thanks this.
  4. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    I know there are a few folks on here that have claimed false information on their DAC. Even accurate information can be used against you in hiring. It's like your credit report - things follow you. As far as what gets put on the DAC report, that is completely arbitrary and decided by the company you work for.

Some companies (mostly small ones) don't use them. But most of the big carriers will.

Of course Hireright got sued for not removing patently false information from DAC reports. And the dispute process (from what I understand) is still terribly cumbersome and lengthy.

It boils down to a he said - she said situation. The company says one thing, the driver says another... who's right? The burden of proof falls squarely on the driver - whether or not they did anything wrong.

Bad system you ask me.

Rocks, LorettaC and xlsdraw Thank this.
  5. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Dac expedites the hiring proces.
    But drivers have little recourse to challenge and dispute details.

LorettaC and miss elvee Thank this.
  6. LorettaC

LorettaC Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    New York
    Do you know anyone who's ever had to try and dispute details in a report? Thanks!

7. LorettaC

LorettaC Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    New York
    If you're willing to chat for a bit about how it sped up the hiring process, that would be great! Do you mind sending me a private message to let me know how to get in contact?

8. WhyDriveTruck

WhyDriveTruck Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Detroit
    What become of this? did the process get changed? was an article written?

9. LorettaC

LorettaC Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2015
    New York
    Not enough people offered to share any personal experience with the reports, so if you or someone you know has, please let me know! You can send me a private message or email me any time. Thank you!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.