Dillon Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by RedRabbit, Mar 27, 2012.

1. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    I have been in the tanker business for more than a decade. Most of the Dillon drivers I've spoken to were rather busy. They have decent pay and stay busy. I have NOT heard about any real problems.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Good deal to hear about Dillion. I know they are looking for local drivers in Tampa, Fl.. Also they are stating 50k - 60k per year. Might be looking at them again starting Monday and see what is up.

4. Taino

Taino Light Load Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Central, FL
    Spoke with a recruiter and he stated the have tons of apps and if mine was good enough then they will me. BUt they call when I am already with a company on the road.

5. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    You are correct!

6. Bristol

Bristol Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Florida
    One of the Dillion drivers out of Tampa told me he works 6 days a week. He said it is mandatory. He said the money is good but 6 days a week is too much.

7. hawgfan

hawgfan Bobtail Member

May 22, 2013
    what's it pay, per year?

8. Wyattdusty77

Wyattdusty77 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2013
    I applied to Dillon in Tampa. Everyone is right, great equipment and everyone seemed nice enough. The interview and road test went well and I had the position if I wanted it. As a previous post stated 6 days a week, every week and pushing to the limit of your 70 hours. Pay was by percentage of load, this didn't appeal to me as you're only getting paid for loads delivered, not your time. The HR I interviewed with said $800-$1000/week was reasonable to expect. However at 70 hours a week $800 a week only equates to $11-$12/hr. this was another reason I chose not to take the job. All these things to me were important, it is a local job and it just didn't "do it" for me. No reflection on the company tho and I've since secured a job that pays roughly $15/hr and a set schedule with the most of 5 days on with 12 hr shifts.

steerinwheelholder Thanks this.
  9. Logan76

Logan76 Crusty In Training

Jul 12, 2009
    kittanning, PA
    15/hr is selling yourself short....local companies get away with lower wages because the local jobs are more desired... just wrong...IMO.

10. Wyattdusty77

Wyattdusty77 Bobtail Member

May 30, 2013
    You will not get any disagreement from me. However, in FL I've been looking for almost a year and $15/hr is higher than most. I've seen postings as low as $10-$12/hr. some hazmat positions! While it isn't what I should be making I have a wife to care for and I prefer being home.

11. Charli Girl

Charli Girl Road Train Member

Mar 23, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    Just wait til the silo goes down and they want you to "wait" until someone fixes it! 4-6 hours ,no pay!
    And get an attitude,as if you should be glad to have that "no paying " job.And soon you'll be laid off for 3 months until they "pick back up" :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.