Down hill under new owner.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by boggerman, Sep 18, 2016.

1. boggerman

boggerman Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2016
    CA
    Drove for Davis Transportation out of Missoula, MT for over 10 years.
    It was a great company under the old owners who after almost 40 years in the trucking industry, finally retired.
    The new owner knows absolutely nothing about the trucking industry and over the last two years has literally driven the company into the grown.
    More than half the drivers have left and gone on to other companies.
    I finally had enough and started looking for another family.
    If you are a flatbed driver or an owner operator with a flat bed, you need to avoid this company like the plague.
    If you want low miles, questionable paychecks, no support, constantly changing policies, unforgiving ownership, then by all means put your life unhold, go broke, put your family out.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Thanks for the info. You know of many other trucking outfits in that region of Montana. Looking at moving to the Kalispell area pretty soon.

4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Man, it looks so beautiful there.

KriegHund Thanks this.
  5. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Is that what they're calling cold these days?

6. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Why is it that good family company Owners sell to bad new owners...in the long run..doesn't that at least make them look bad to? I mean money is a driving factor yes, but if a owner is good, then where was their integrity at to not take a look at the new owner buying a company. I hear the same from Ole time Gordon drivers, that of course was bought by Heartland Express now known to many as Heartless Express.

Rusty Trawler and bzinger Thank this.
  7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    It doesn't matter driver! The owner will sell to whom ever meets his price. Would you screen a prospective buyer of your used car? No!

If a owner / seller cares anything about his long time people he will put a clause into the sale contract to protect them...but that's rare these days.

JMO

8. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I agree to your latter paragraph...yeah I know the industry has been a crapper for a long while now

9. MrEd

MrEd Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Winfred, SD
    A lot of these companies were founded back in the days when a handshake was your bond. Many of them know little of contract negotiations and lawyers. They ran on honesty and trust, and expect other people to as well. So they get hoodwinked. They get offered that check, and accept the promises that "we will take care of your baby like it's our own".

x1Heavy, mjd4277 and free spirited1 Thank this.
  10. Rusty Trawler

Rusty Trawler Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2016
    I remember when my father bought a bar grill bowling alley (the same one used in the movie "a simple plan")
    The local beer distributor owner borrowed the money to my father on a handshake.
    When my father sold the bar, the guy who owned the distribution said, just give me the principle, forget about any interest.
    Not a paper was ever signed
    Those days are long long gone.

11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    My grandfather used to tell me your word is your bond. In those days back then, sometimes that's all you had to fall back on.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.