Drinking Hot Water

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Big news: You're drinking water all wrong!

You've always known it. With mechanisms like brain freeze and toothaches, your body is trying to tell you that the glass of ice-cold H2O is ill-conceived.

Really, it's true.
    Don't take my word for it.

In China, drinking cold or iced water might invite "a chorus of criticism," Nicole Liu, a self-described "devoted hot water drinker," wrote for the Los Angeles Times. When it comes to health, traditional Chinese medicine promotes "harmony," and it is believed that drinking cold water takes the body out of equilibrium by knocking it out of its optimal working temperature.

"In regards to the body, cold blocks the meridian channels, slows and even congeals blood circulation and diminishes organ functioning to less than optimal ability," Mee Lain Ling, a registered doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, wrote on her website in 2013.

A more historical explanation has to do with China's infrastructure, as boiling water was a way to combat the risk of catching parasites and disease from tap water after the Communist Chinese Revolution in 1949, Liu wrote for the LA Times

So next time you're at your favorite restaurant:

Ask for it hot.

Because maybe 1.3 billion people have it right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    This article is BS. True scalding hot water is served in restuarants and private homes vs. cold water. That's one reason esophageal cancer is rampant in China. They think Westerners are crazy for wanting cold water or even room temp water. Some Western companies installed water machines in their Chinese companies break rooms and the machines offer cold water or super hot water. The Chinese employees laughed that anyone would drink cold water. Finally they had to admit they love cold water to drink after they tried it a few times.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I drink hot water all the time. Most of the coffee you get anymore is just hot water that has some color to it, along with a hint of coffee flavor that may or may not be noticeable.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I drink coffee day and night, but hot coffee doesn't even compare with the hot water they drink. It's so hot it causes cell damage from the mouth to the stomach.

6. Dominick253

Dominick253 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2015
    Yeah the Chinese can do that if they like. I'll stick to drinking a nice cold crisp cup of water.

HalpinUout Thanks this.
  7. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    The only time I drink hot water or warm water is if I have a sore throat.

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  8. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Well, that just sounds like idiocy.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Most truck stop coffee is just hot water with dark food coloring

passingthru69 and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.