Drive(r) Cam

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Moosetek13, Sep 3, 2016.

1. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Nits are the eggs of head lice. They are tiny, and stuck to the base of hairs. You really have to be hunting to find them to pick them out; hence, nit picking.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Will it spike up your Risk Assessment Score though?

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The ones that are dismissed by Swift shouldn't.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I just had a similar hard braking video. Same thing, light turns red and I braked hard to stop because I was too close to stop safely and too far to blow thru it. I had to have a face to face with my dm, which I thought was totally unnecessary. Still having issues with following distance videos as well. I've backed off and changed my behaviors and still, here I sit again. This is either gonna be my last one of my last chance. Waiting right now to hear from the terminal management.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Are you in a newer truck with the radar system?

Mine is a '15, so I don't have that. I was wondering if it was tied in to the camera system.

7. dodgeram440rt

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I have a '15 Cascadia with the On Guard radar system. It is not tied in with the cameras, but apparently the cameras have their own distance detection system. I've been fine with the On Guard radar for a while now. Had some issues early on, but I've learned to back off and keep a good distance. Apparently I haves been backing off far enough to keep the cameras happy.

8. dodgeram440rt

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Well, I've officially been terminated from Swift for repeated violations of following distance as viewed from the Driver Cam cameras. And as disappointed as I am (Yes, believe it or not, I am actually disappointed to get terminated from Swift. I started with Swift and I've been with Swift for over 6 years. Swift has been very good to me and any issues I've had has always been resolved with no problems.) you will not hear me say anything negative or bash Swift in any way. Swift did not put me in this position. I did it to myself. Although I believed myself to be a safe driver (and still do), the cameras showed a pattern of behavior that Swift could not tolerate any longer. They had coached me over the evidence shown on the videos, and even though I did not 100% agree with their assessment, I did listen to their warnings and even though I did correct my behavior, it wasn't enough, soon enough.

So as I sit here looking for another driving job, but I do not blame Swift, I can only blame myself. If anyone was to ask me if Swift was a good company, I would say yes. I would certainly recommend Swift to anyone looking for a driving job, whether they are a new student or an experienced driver.

Moosetek13 and scottied67 Thank this.
  9. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Get with a smaller company......and watch ur following distance. Count with me 1.......2.......3....4.5.6!

10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I hope this does not negatively affect your ablility to get a new driving job and/or keep that new driving job. Wow just wow that Swift would terminate a longterm driver. So there it is folks proof positive that these cameras will hurt you more than they will ever help you.

11. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    I recommend a company without cameras as next one.

Sorry that happened to you man. Also, I completely disagree with you on opinions of swift but that's neither here nor there.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.