Greetings from a soon to be trucker

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by knyucklehead, Jul 2, 2015.

1. knyucklehead

knyucklehead Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Long Beach
    Hello,

I have been a spectator here for a few months, searching through posts, trying to gather as much knowledge as possible so I could increase my chances of being accepted into my community college CDL program. Needless to say, this site has been a valuable resource. I was able to use what I learned here to pass the admittance tests and evaluations for the program and supplement the stuff that might not have been covered in class. Well, next week I am scheduled to take my written general knowledge, air brakes, doubles & triples, tankers, and hazmat tests. If I pass them all, the following week I will be allowed to progress to behind-the-wheel training. I am extremely grateful for the unselfish help and guidance provided here by the community; yes, it truly feels like a community, even from an outsider's point of view. I hope to continue learning from you all and look forward to the opportunity where I can contribute back.

Thank you,

Knyucklehead

BrenYoda883 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Good luck. Come on in and join the chaos.

BrenYoda883, knyucklehead and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good for you. Best of luck in your new career.

BrenYoda883 and knyucklehead Thank this.
  5. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Good luck... it is an exciting time for you... sometimes it can feel overwhelming.. but dont fret... we all had to learn to shift,
    turn and back.. and for many it seemed like they would never get it, then the next day they get it...

Enjoy the journey...

knyucklehead Thanks this.
  6. knyucklehead

knyucklehead Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2015
    Long Beach
    I'll try my best to keep that in mind BrenYoda883. I am a little nervous about how well I will do in behind the wheel training, but like you say, I have to expect that if I don't get something right away, its just a learning experience and I can only get better from there. Thank you all for the well wishes and support, I appreciate it.

7. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    This place is priceless. It's the driver university library. Not a week goes by that I don't come here to study up on something.

8. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    1 word of advice. youre going to mess up. put it behind you and move on. dont let one mess up screw with you. youll get it. just take it slow, and think before you act. 1 mess up can turn into 2, 3, 4, and 5 more mess ups if you keep beating yourself up over them.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    Same here, Knyuck. I have been hanging around this forum for a couple of weeks now. I have been online studying and taking CDL knowledge practice tests. Today, I got my medical card. Tomorrow, I go for my Pennsylvania permit. Then I call Conway student recruiting. Hopefully, I will start at Crowder in Neosho on July 13th.

Puppage and knyucklehead Thank this.
  10. CoolCraniums

CoolCraniums Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Rochester NY
    Good luck on your tests and you'll really enjoy learning how to drive the trucks. For me, it was scary, exhilarating, nerve wracking, exciting, and I loved every minute of it. You can do it!

knyucklehead and Puppage Thank this.
  11. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2015
    JopMO
    Thanks! I did get my permit today. I'm waiting for a call back from the recruiter.

knyucklehead and Puppage Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.