Help and a little advice

Discussion in 'Prime' started by wolf71, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Freightliner has all the maintenance documentation, including over speed, over rev, hard brakes, complete ECM info.
    I personally wouldn't buy one. I know a guy that will put you in one just like that for around $5K, but ya gotta stay with him until its paid off. I wouldn't trust anything from Slime myself, especially when the PM's are done as far apart as they do them.
    I'm a maintenance freak, I bought my truck ( Volvo D13 ) through Penske. Those are real maintenance freaks also. And they PM approximately 20K miles.
    Good luck crackin that monster nut every week, making the same money I do, but I do it solo, you have to train. I'm sure no one can see any difference there.
    I did test drive one of those with all that electronic junk on it. That would drive me nuts, truck turns on the jake brake if someone pulls in front of you. LOL Keep tellin yourself what a great way to go it is.
    There is an old saying ( I love old sayings ) The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it, so keep telling yourself what a great deal you have, keep recruiting for Slime, so you can make some money off of the poor guys that follow you, I'm sure they don't know that you make money as driver reference.
    You pay $200K plus for a truck with a factory leak, that the wind blows through.
    I'm also real curious to see when the engines pop with Slimes ( what? ) 45K? mile PM plan.

Highway101 and Blackshack46 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Calm down Dave, remember we are the idiots here.

Not the ones who throw money away.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    BBnxVSb.png

5. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Lmao. The OP, do what you will. Just remember the turnover rate is successfully high for lease operators at mega carriers. I wish you the best of luck.

You might want to fact check yourself before you start running your keyboard.

6. nofreetime

nofreetime Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2013
    I have to apologize to wolf this is his thread and as much as I'm trying to drop this I keep having to respond to other posts which are off tropic of the original thread.

I'm not a trainer nor a team I'm a solo as I've mentioned before. If you make what I do then good job. My accountant had to estimate my income in order to determine if I should S Corp the year he used my previous numbers in order to do so and he estimated my net at $129, 000 to be clear net is what is actually direct deposited into my bank account. That's my cpa talking not me but the number seems about right.
    I've posted settlements before as well here's a link.
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/looking-to-talk-to-a-solo-lease-op.304887/page-7

I have never made any money off a driver referral nor am I interested in allowing a stranger to use my name in order to have me vouch for them. I will help them anyway I can otherwise and do it purely to help others.

I've shown here with numbers several options towards truck ownership though prime. I've even compared with other options that you've given. As far the maintenance oil is changed according to factory recommendations.

Look as I've said before many new drivers come here for info on company to start their career. Prime has the best pay package available for them. I spoke to another driver that started out at 28cpm at another carrier but we pay 43cpm. Now a new driver may look at that and think 15cpm difference doesn't sound like much, but us experienced drivers know that 15cpm at 125, 000 miles/yr is $20, 000/yr less. So when you post a bunch of stuff b/c you would like to tarnish the reputation of a company keep this mind we don't take advantage of people here like some others do. But what do you think that carrier does with that 15cpm that they're saving, they go out and under cut your rates, my company's rates, and anyone else's rates that they can. Drivers have to get started in the industry somewhere but when you're directing people away from a training career why don't you direct them away from carriers that can't seem to write their drivers a respectable pay check.

Sorry I've offended you dave it wasn't my intention and I never insulted you as have me. I do however appreciate you interjecting with some different options and ideas about how to accomplish truck ownership. I know that your just trying to help others and I respect you for that, but you're commenting about a company that you've never worked for and have no experience with. Now if you don't mind I would like to unhijack wolf's thread.

TheDoghouse, darthanubis and wolf71 Thank this.
  7. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    So it sounds like your costs of living won't be huge when put up against you paycheck. Which makes me think that the money's just going to pile up in an account somewhere, as you've said that is the reason why you're doing this. Does it really matter what account it accumulates in? I'm sure though you'll want access to funds, so why not just eventually build a small safety net balance in personal accounts that way you feel more comfortable paying yourself less, and put the remainder somewhere that you can get a return on the funds but maybe not have instant access to them.

wolf71 Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Your making a mistake Wolf, good luck. No solo at Slime makes over $60K year, after all the blue sky. All they are is sales pitch. You'll figure it out. Just trying to save some wear and tear on you. You can make the same money starting out as a company driver with no equipment risk.

9. wolf71

wolf71 Light Load Member

Aug 24, 2014
    Springlake Nc
    Wife is thinking of getting her cdl so we could team.

Highway101 and nofreetime Thank this.
  10. nofreetime

Oct 22, 2013
    Dave I've posted a link with pictures of payroll statements on the Qualcomm, that show over $16, 000 in pay in 5 weeks. I choose to take pictures of the qc rather than post a snip it of a pdf version of a payroll settlement because I thought that that would be more legitimate as proof. I have no idea how anyone could easily fake that. I also can think of very, very few times anyone has gone as far as posting actual pictures of settlements on the forum. Mostly they just mention what they make and expect people to take their word for it.

I went though all that yet you still claim that I'm being deceptive. My guess is if I showed you bank statements you'd claim those to be false too. And I don't know what to tell you buddy I'm not posting more of my wages to impress you. Part of me wonders if you're not just trying to challenge me here b/c you want to get me post more numbers.

I've tried to end this more than once now, and you keep reengaging me. I've even apologized to you even though I've been polite to you, you're beginning to come off a little obsessed. There is no point in continuing this exchange any further.

Dave.in.PA and wolf71 Thank this.
  11. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    You have the patience of a saint. The charity of a saint as well to keep trolls fed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.