Hometime...not at home? TCD

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by kwtracy, Jul 11, 2016.

1. kwtracy

kwtracy Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2016
    Ebensburg, PA
    I've just been accepted into the TCD and am waiting to hear about orientation date. I'm already thinking about hometime. I'm single and my family mostly lives far away anyway so I don't really care about getting a ton of hometime. My home is actually an old piece of family property in the middle of nowhere, PA where I live alone. When I do go home though, does it have to be home? I'd rather do some exploring than sit around at home. Could I let my dispatcher know I want to spend my hometime somewhere else and they could try to give me some loads in that direction?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Most companies will work with this, as long as your request is in their running area. Up to you to find a suitable parking spot though, or ask to park @ drop yards/terminals and get a rental car brought to you.

kwtracy Thanks this.
  4. Indiana RED

Indiana RED Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    wahiawa, HI
    When you send in your hometime request you follow it up with a freeform message to your fleet manager stateing where u want to take it

kwtracy Thanks this.
  5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Look in their hiring area, usually they let u take hometime inside the bubble

6. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    I've never worked for Maverick, but I drove OTR for many years. I live in TN but I've taken "home time" in Monterey, CA, Las Cruces NM, Atlantic City NJ, Las Vegas NV, Salt Lake City UT, Littleton NH (White Mountains National Park), and a few others. I've never had a problem taking my time off wherever I chose, it's one of the perks of the job. What I would do, if I saw that I had a load going somewhere that looked interesting, is tell my dispatcher that I want to take take a couple days off after I get unloaded.

Puppage Thanks this.
  7. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    As long as it is in the freight lanes, it is not a problem!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.