how long from Application received

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by playdate4, Sep 6, 2016.

1. playdate4

playdate4 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2016
    My application turned from under consideration to Application received on Tuesday (8-30-16) Still no phone call or anything.

How long did it take you to receive a call after your application received status?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CrappieJunkie

CrappieJunkie Wishin' I was fishin'

Mar 9, 2014
    In a van down by the River.
    It can take a week or two sometimes. We just had the holiday. I would give it another week or so, if nothing and you find a number on the website call and tell them checking on app. If you cant just move on.

4. playdate4

playdate4 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2016
    They would send a rejection letter if I wasn't being considered

5. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Depends on what company. Landstar took 3 months.

6. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    I applied to WM 7/22/2016 and didn't get a call until the week of thanksgivng.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Your application goes into a mountain of other applications. They will get to it when they get to it.

What I usually do is on the phone dealing with a company that wants to get me to orientation next week monday morning with tickets by either airplane or bus to make it happen. Otherwise I consider a application rejected if I do not hear anything soon from a company. For everyone of me there are thousands of really cheap labor at like .25 a mile to put into the truck rather than pay me .50 or more a mile.

If you really want to be valuable to the industry, form a team. better yet a Husband and Wife one. You will be given thousands of dollars and have so many offers to choose from.

My last company which happens to be JBH over the road, I left them after three weeks due to 9-11 freight conditions and my own medical issues which were manifesting themselves finally physically would call me every three months to see if I am healthy enough to go back OTR with them. I had found ADESA in little rock as a crew boss dealing with CDL Drivers in a small crew once or twice a month for truck sales and teaching the younger ones how to work a manual and the older ones how to work a computer transmission. I will be getting back into that again once I resolve certain issues related to my engine.

Applications are like a dime a dozen. You have to show a good record, clean like a virgin and show a length of time of experience without trouble, accidents and lawbreaking. Once you do that you will be hired faster compared to a newbie or a expensive oldie like me.

8. Blindmman

Blindmman Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I applied on December 2nd and was called on the 6th, test drive on the 16th and employment off on the 23rd. She said I'd was done in record time

9. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    I applied Jan 21 and it turned to application received this afternoon. Got a call an hour ago from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview tomorrow.

10. Blindmman

Blindmman Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Easy duty. They are going to ask you easy questions. Don't joke around, answer safe answers like safe following distance and how you count the lines on the road to judge in between distance

11. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    This is the truth. All the questions should come as common sense if you are even a decent driver. Make sure to go into detail to reinforce that you know what you are talking about. And like others have said, after you have passed the interview, ask a question or so. Even if you know the answer. Keeps them knowing you are truly interested in succeeding at Walmart.

Blindmman Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.