I made a Choice to come to Schneider

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by FatDaddy, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I just got done driving an hour ago. Need to unwind

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    good God......

4. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    Oh. So now it makes total sense why they were up my butt to let them know about delivery.

Had nothing to do with it being a hot load....I have to go take a random....hair follicle....

Annoyed. This just wastes my time. Oh well. Rules are rules....and I need a haircut anyway.

5. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    It's one of those days. First thank god I was bobtail when I went for my random. Was told there was truck and trailer parking at the facility.

Uh..no. It was tight even for a bobtail. Arrive at shipper for drop and hook. Load is ready but they close from 12-1 to get my bills. Yep. I got here at 12:10.

I can't wait to get home tomorrow.

6. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    They did the same thing for me when I had a random. They try to get you right inbetween loads.

7. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    I have gotten out my truck and ask someone to ground guide me. Some people don't want offer there help. If you ask someone I bet they would say sure.

8. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    I'll admit I won't rush right out and help...but I am always willing. I give most drivers the benefit of the doubt they are good. If I see them GOAL more than once that's usually a sign that they would appreciate some additional eyeballs.

redoctober83 and Home_on_wheels Thank this.
  9. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Some of them look like they need to get out...a few times..Maybe do a few laps...But ask and you shall receive...usually.

nordrunner Thanks this.
  10. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    Happy to be home. This seemed to be a lucrative but strange 12 days out. Seemed I dealt with a bit of everything. A random, delays at shippers, delays at receivers, load cancellations...and yet everything worked out pretty well this trip.

Today I literally got delayed 45 minutes because I stopped to use the men's room before checking in at shipping. When I came out the clerk had gone to lunch!! I swear I was in there less than a minute and he was finishing up with another driver when I went in.

Also ended up bobtailing home from Ft. Worth. My regular and steady load out of Wilmer got pushed back a day...they must be running behind. Unfortunately they told me before I got there so I couldn't even get the VNU...lol. Next week I'll probably missed that extra easy $365 in my pocket but right now I'm not caring one bit.

11. FatDaddy

Dec 23, 2008
    Sitting in my apartment letting the breeze come through on this nice 75 degree day sure is making it tough to get motivated to leave tomorrow.

Got $3800 booked for this upcoming pay period up through the northeast which also gives me time to get a reset in as I hang with the folks for the Super Bowl

Fingers crossed everything holds up.

rickybobby Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.