International lonestar recommendation

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Harjit Singh, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Harjit Singh

Harjit Singh Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2015
    I'm a new driver, and I'm looking to buy my own truck in the next few months. I love International lonestar. I know maxxforce engine are nothing but problem, so I would only be interested in Cummins with Eaton 13 speed. My dilemma is that everyone I know in the business tells me to stay away from International. Yet I see lots of prostar onroad not enough lonestar. I run i-5 from Cali to Seattle. Need advice. Please help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    New driver + $150000 truck = huge $$$$$$

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Lonestar, Prostar. Same thing, except different grill and badges and other cosmetic changes. The reason lots of fleets bought them in large quantities was purely due to massive volume discounts to try and move unwanted vehicles with unwanted engines, and justify the poor trade-in value later. The marketed the Lonestar as an "owner-operator" level truck or a truck for "special fleet drivers" so not many entered the market place until recently. Now they are coming into the market like Harleys and soon won't have any meaning at all, as everyone and their brother will have one.

Avoiding the maxx-farce is a big step forward, though. If you like the truck buy it.

Canadianhauler21 and Harjit Singh Thank this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Stay away from International and get yourself a Cascadia. You'll be better off in the long run. $$$$$$

Harjit Singh Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    As a new driver...get some experience in the area of freight lanes and trends. A payment on a Lonestar will probably be in the mid-to-upper $2000's if not more. As a new driver, learning the ropes of freight volume trends...that would be a tough payment. I owned my 1st after 5 years as a company driver, and I think I jumped the gun a bit.

Harjit Singh Thanks this.
  7. NyteRyder

NyteRyder Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2019
    I drive a Cascadia and it breaks down at least once every month. DON’T get one.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.