Is this normal??

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by ijumpedoutlike, Jul 8, 2015.

1. ijumpedoutlike

ijumpedoutlike Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2014
    My husband is experienced driver with a new company. I won't name names for obvious reasons. He's had two bogus claims of accidents in two months. One claim for a very large sum of money when he obviously had no damage to his truck. Is this normal for truck drivers or are we having bad luck?? Never happened to him once when he used to work for swift. We wonder if his job is in danger just because of coincidence of the matter. Thanks for any kind responses!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Is the company claiming that or somebody like a customer or amother motorist

4. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Well 2 so-called bogus claims in 2 months..??

Is he telling you the truth?

There doesn't always have to be damage to the truck as proof of an accident. Run over a fence with the trailer, maybe back into a car at a parking lot, maybe take off from a parking space at a truck stop and tear off another truckers hood...

I'd say something is going on. I cannot for the life of me say I ever read on any site a trucker having bogus claims in such a short amount time.

Exactly how much experience does he have?

5. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
  6. ijumpedoutlike

Jun 10, 2014
    One was another truck driver at a truck stop and another was a motorist that appeared out of nowhere. I was actually riding with him when both supposed occurences happened. Its been pretty unbelievable.

7. ijumpedoutlike

Jun 10, 2014
    He's been a truck driver since 2008. I was actually riding with him when all of this happened. So I know he isn't lying. But you kind of answered my question anyway. It is as unbelievable as i suspected. We are having bad luck. Thanks for the response.

8. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    It's not me, I showered last week

S M D, rayraythetrucker and 77smartin Thank this.
  9. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    The trucker could have been telling the truth about your hubby. It is SO possible to back in or pull out of a parking space (as an example) and knock off a mirror, or scratch and or even rip a trailer's side (while backing). it is SO possible to rip off a hood of a parked truck. too many variables for the driver (your hubby) to have done some damage and he not know about it, but certainly the other person DID SEE IT or FEEL IT.

CARS DO NOT appear out of no where, that's called INATTENTION on your hubby's part. maybe he didn't look at his mirrors, maybe he was talking to you, maybe he lit up a smoke, maybe he took a sip of coffee, anything is possible for a car to "pop up out of no where's"...

I call a whole lotta BS to your story....

10. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    that often...??

dam, you're clean......no, make that SUPER CLEAN....~~!!!!!!!~~

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  11. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.