Is toll receipts considered supporting documents

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by marcusthegreat, Jul 19, 2016.

1. marcusthegreat

marcusthegreat Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2016
    All 48 states
    I was leased on to a small company underneath road runner ( big rock transportation ) for a moment and was harassed about toll receipts not being scanned in with every trip but was not being reimbursed for it , their reason was that DOT requires supporting documents.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Yes toll receipts are considered supporting documents for IFTA or hos audits.

sh333 Thanks this.
  4. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    They need them for NY to figure out the ton/mile tax, which does not apply on toll roads, in addition to IFTA calculations. Send them in, it won't hurt you unless you're burning the log book at both ends anyway.

5. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    You don't get reimbursed for tolls?

6. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    No, or didn't used to (I don't work there, but a friend was leased to them). Claim on your own taxes.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. TequilaSunrise

TequilaSunrise Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2016
    Seattle, WA
    Ok... We use petty cash reimbursement. Just thought that was standard.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hell Yes, they are legal supporting documents. Keep those things make sure your logs MATCH.

They use tickets between booths in time to determine if you have been speeding or not since the last stamp of entry, if so they will issue you a citation.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Was leased to Roadrunner for 2.5 years. I'd have to fill out a mileage sheet for every trip including non tollways and tollways. If you claimed you drove on the tollway, you had to turn in toll receipts otherwise the girls in the office would charge you the IFTA for that state. Now, there are those times you'd rather pay the IFTA than turn in your toll receipts that don't match your logs lol. You have to figure out if running hot pays better than IFTA and getting to your next load half a day early so you don't sit all weekend.

Yes they are supporting documents and can and will be used against you.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I 80 was a bugaboo. No one I ran for wanted me to use that because it's expensive. So we ran US 20.

I wonder these days how that grand old road is holding up.

11. marcusthegreat

marcusthegreat Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2016
    All 48 states
    I was getting mixed reviews at the truck stops and a buddy of mines made it a point that they do not need toll receipts , that was just a way road runner add to there skimming off the top; however, like you guys pointed out they are MY supporting documents. We ran a tablet for an app called big road which was a EOBR device, it was crap compared to Qualcomm; I just didn't feel comfortable scanning my toll receipts with my fuel & mileage reports if I was not being reimbursed.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.