Just a few questions about the lease

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by slagzone, Dec 23, 2015.

1. slagzone

slagzone Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2011
    Round Rock, TX
    Maybe someone can answer the questions regarding the consistency of weekly miles and the lease maintenance fund.

1st. I've seen videos on youtube of settlement statements from new drivers and they always start, "I've only been driving for a few weeks and here is my weekly pay." Of course this before taxes are paid. But 2 to 6 to 12 months later are you still seeing the same kind of weekly pay? Are you getting 3000 miles per week every week? And what if you turn down loads to take a few days off, do they black list you and give you less miles?

2nd. $.11 per mile is deducted and put into a maintenance account until you reach $10,000. If you have to buy new tires or have a major repair; obliviously the balance in the maintenance account will go down to pay for the repairs and then you have to replenish the account, so you will always be getting the $.11 deducted.

3rd the amount of money that is deducted for insurance is that amount the same as if you were to buy your own insurance or does KLLM mark it up to make a few extra bucks?

Finally, aren't the trucks at KLLM fairly new or brand new, shouldn't they come with some sort of factory or dealer warranty that would cover the repairs during the first year or up to a certain amount of miles? Or can you purchase an extended warranty from Factory/Dealer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Hi I will answer some of your questions I used to work for them.

1.if you go over the road you should get about 3,000 miles a week but you are only paid 90cpm rate for the lease purchase and you have to take out fuel and truck payment not much left for a check if you ask me. You would make about 1,000 to 1200 a week.

2. its always deducted and hard to get back if you quit.

3. don't know on this one.

4.yes you will get a new truck 2015 and newer they do have warranty as well.

4. kadkins14a

kadkins14a Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Zander how long ago has it been since you worked for KLLM?

5. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    I stopped working for them in september of 2015.

6. TampaTony

TampaTony Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Is that net or gross?

7. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    that would be gross before taxes as you are a 1099 so you pay your own taxes. not really that great of a deal
    that have huge turnover rate for a reason that is why they are becoming a training company..

8. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    1,000 - 1,200 gross? Wow, a company driver can take home 1200 after taxes.

9. Zander

Zander Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2015
    if you train students you can make way more like 2000 a week take home thats why a lot of the guys who lease with them also train and pimp out the students and make more$$

10. TampaTony

TampaTony Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Deleted

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.