Lease Purchase, Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by bsmoove, Jul 5, 2016.

1. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    If you want to buy a truck, then buy it, cash or get a bank loan. If I were to lease, it would have a low monthly payment but I'm seeing 800/week for a use kenworth...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bsmoove

bsmoove Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Liar

codyhopkins and 51.50 Thank this.
  4. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    It's more about what sales dept wants to give you instead of what dispatcher you have. They have to wait on sales.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    How I watched a landstar leaser who after he unloaded at the back of Walmart he didn't like it back there. So he comes around where no driver would dare and I tried to help but he declined and hit a poll, small fence and shrubbery. Not to mention the damage to a cab.

6. bsmoove

Jan 10, 2015
    What the heck does lanstar have to do with this post man ?

codyhopkins Thanks this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Driver was a lease. It has as much to do with this thread than you do, got it?

redoctober83 Thanks this.
  8. Skinny P

Skinny P Light Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Lease Purchase can work! I just say remember you must hit 3k in order for it to pay. And look for lease purchases that have the best truck for the lowest payment. Because you will go under really quick with a $600 wk pmt. And you will go under even quicker with a truck that has a bunch of mechanical problems. Another note, look at lease termination options. If all it requires is a two week notice, then do that before you abandon the truck. A lot of the nay sayers and whiners got in trouble because they abandoned the truck and lost hundreds of dollars in a repo!!

Teddy_Salad Thanks this.
  9. Teddy_Salad

Teddy_Salad Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    You all call it a Lease PURCHASE...are you able to lease a truck for a year or two and then turn it in like a car lease? Buying out a lease in a car is a dumb move financially in my opinion...and maybe a worse idea for a truck. Just lease a good truck every 2 years or whatever and get a new lease until you can save enough to buy a new truck...

viper822004 Thanks this.
  10. RoadDogTruckingClone!

RoadDogTruckingClone! Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2016
    You want to buy a truck? WTFtrucks.com They are out of Texas. They are used around 300K miles & up with as little as $ 2K down. They jump onto someone like Panther for your Broker & trailer. Got a friend that quit Stevens Transport & did just that got a Volvo 670 with around 400K in miles. He negotiates load & where he wants to run. Bringing in anywhere from $1500-$4000/ week take home. The lower half was is first few weeks. Now he's around $3000 & up take home. No trailer fees or have to pay reefer fuel if you haul reefer. Maybe just insurance no big deal. Truck payments very on how much you put down. His is around $350-$400/week. Hope this helps. Buy your own truck. Do not do lease. You Will never get home.

VdotFoxx Thanks this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    If you look, they are out there. Only do it if it's a path to owning though. Personally I wouldn't keep re upping a lease.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.