Leasing to Landstar out of Memphis, Tennessee

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by mr&mrstrucker, Apr 19, 2016.

1. mr&mrstrucker

mr&mrstrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2016
    We are seeking advice from knowledgeable owner operators and agents about coming over to Landastar this summer. We appreciate any

abifarin123 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I don't know if your Van or Flat....Ill assume van. I haven't looked on the van board in years but I know the agent is still here and she/they use to have LOTS of fedex team freight out Memphis.....

mr&mrstrucker Thanks this.
  4. mr&mrstrucker

Apr 19, 2016
    Can van teams get dedicated runs, we ran as company drivers for fedex three years before we bought our truck so we know how the fedex deal go. Also is there any reefer loads or agents that specializes in that area as that is what we have been doing for the last couple of years. Does it pay to even pull a reefer there at Landstar. Thanks.

5. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    On the board, there is some reefer freight but not much. That's the kind of freight I guess you gotta know an agent who specializes in that. I know 2 guys who run reefer here and both have been here 15+ years.(OR at least I know for sure 1 of them has) There are a few agents I know who do pharma. reefer stuff and that pays well. I don't know how often it is though. Of course I guess you can always do van freight also with a reefer.

6. nikmirbre

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    As to answer your question about dedicated runs.....that's where your relationship with a particular agent comes into play....

mr&mrstrucker Thanks this.
  7. mr&mrstrucker

Apr 19, 2016
  8. maddmaxx96

maddmaxx96 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2012
    Austin, TX
    My husband & I leased on with Landstar this past November and are very happy here. At first we were a little disillusioned by the lack of team freight on the load board. But we're finding it's working well to have 1 person awake during business hours to book the next load. I basically handle dispatch, customer service, accounting, paperwork, etc. I jump in when we need to get some extra miles in to make PU or delivery. Or to allow us to book a load that we wouldn't have been able to if there was only 1 driver.

9. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    A friend of a friend over there has a reefer and he works with and handful of agents that keeps him busy m. He basically run TX to the NE and back all month then come back to Florida for home time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.