Life on the road with a custom semi.

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by LastBradTrucking, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mugurpe

mugurpe Medium Load Member

May 5, 2013
    Arlington, MA
    There are a couple team driven trucks that are retirees basically that run expedite and post on the expeditersonline.com board. That might be a place to get a better background on the sort of transition you're talking about, even if those folks are mostly running B-CDL straight trucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    I thought it was a protestor group at first... But glad you ask before I did

crb and Cottonmouth85 Thank this.
  4. LastBradTrucking

LastBradTrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Thanks, I'll take a look around that forum.

5. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    That particular truck never stops, it runs around the clock 24/7 between the east and west coast moving aircraft parts. When they do stop it's at a terminal or Boeing and both places have plenty of parking.

210, full kitchen, bath with real shower, 60" swing down LCD TV, ground level walk out door on passenger side.

crb and Hick Thank this.
  6. Hick

Hick Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    West Virginia
    Might wanna start racking up points on the cards seeing as how those 2 will be the only ones left soon.

That sounds like a good job in a nice truck, but I bet it doesn't take long to get burned out like that.

7. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    Paint it orange lease into reliable.

I've noticed many bed buggers have gone way from big sleepers.

8. LastBradTrucking

LastBradTrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    What about o/o for a mega like Schneider, don't they have tons of parking for people working within their company? Less pay then full authority but like I said, I'd not be in it for the money as much as the lifestyle. Work for them for 6months or so, buying a reasonable custom then trucking with a kitchen, I need some place to put my Virtuix Omni, vr on the road! As if they will ever ship the #### thing.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dude, hate to be frank and burst your bubble but this is a business, not a hobby or a way to see the country. It is a dangerous vocation that is serious and many of us who put in serious time and money only see the crap that others wanting to do something like this as one of the problems in this industry that depress rates ... so ... dude go find a cheap rv and see the country, there are people that do that and make a living on the road but also enjoy life.

10. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Buy one of these and spend a year playing nomad, low cost and cheap to run.
    IMG_4649.JPG

MJ1657, whoopNride, Ruthless and 2 others Thank this.
  11. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Yep, get an RV. You will be welcomed into more places.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.