Looking for car hauler company in need of new drivers

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by trucko, May 19, 2016.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    Hi Truckers

I am looking for car hauler companies that are looking for drivers but who are really in need and keep me busy

Can you recommend any?

The online submissions do not work for ma apparently

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    How much experience do u have, and location

4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    http://www.pmtghome.com

Not sure I can recommend them, I work their about 13 years ago. They pay good but it not easy work. Loading cars in the rain and snow and not getting home get old kinda quick. Plus the very small sleeper getting dressed laying in bed is no fun

5. trucko

Aug 3, 2015
    I haul cars almost 10 months now. No moving violations on CDL

only 1 violation past 3 years on regular driver and in November this violation will go away too as it will be 3 years.

I am based in NJ, can work in CT, NY, NJ, PA states. Depends on routes, if it is local I prefer to work for company based in NJ, if it is regional I can work for PA, CT, NY based companies as well.

6. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
  7. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    For your area, busy wholesale/used carriers would be:
    Tribeca, Preffered Transports, TJ McGeehan, Scott (based in Fairfield, ME), Delta, Monroe Auto Transport

New would be:
    Diversified, Brothers, United Road, PMTG

Out of the above used/wholesale carriers Preffered and Monroe are the smallest, TJ is the largest. I don't have contact info for them but you can do a google search and find their numbers, they are all small enough to actually answer the phone. The new car haulers will all have website applications. Good luck.

8. trucko

Aug 3, 2015
    thanks, I have already applied at few online but never heard back.

I will check Brothers, Tribeca, TJ

9. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    PMTG has terminal in Bayonne NJ if you live in the area. When I was their all they had was cabovers. They hire new guys to auto. It took about 3 hours to load truck. When I was their we would load in South Carolina at BMW to Northeast then do local runs Tuesday - Saturdays. Then Saturday after local delivery would load long trip out west to Wisconsin or Illinois for Monday delivery. Then deadhead back to South Carolina or load Jeeps in Toledo Ohio back to Baltimore port. Then you would reload Mercedes and Porsche back to Northeast.

Last I heard they don't do that anymore and just have drivers run out of NJ to Northeast. I hear BMW shipping cars that delivered to Midwest to South Carolina BMW because nobody wanted to run that triangle like we did.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.