Maverick Glass Division and Orientation

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Chris Ponder, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Chris Ponder

Chris Ponder Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Hello all

Was curious if anyone could provide me any and as much information about Mavericks Glass division as well as the orientation process.

How was the stay at the Maverick "hotel" during orientation.
    Was there ever any down time or time after class? If so what did you do?

I have heard glass has a high turnover rate. If true, why?

How has maverick treated you so far?

I could go on and on with more questions so I'm just hoping and appreciate any and everything you can tell me.

Also, what is essential to take along for orientation

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Natethetrucker04

Natethetrucker04 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Couple more questions would also would be average weekly mileage? Are the DMs fair?

4. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Chris Ponder Thanks this.
  5. Chris Ponder

Dec 7, 2015
    Thank you for the replies. WHO I have read your article but it doesn't really touch on things you do at orientation as far as when not in class. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for a party but is it all class, shower, sleep?

Do they have down time? When not in class can you practice on the simulator when you want? How has things been going? How many people made it out of orientation and actually got an offer? Those that didn't was it due to there own mistakes or poor attitude

6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Class is about 8-10 hours long

After class, they would give you homework, pretty basic stuff like logs and trip planning, if you dive before you can finish it in 30 minutes. After that you can hang out in the lobby watch TV and chat with other students or drivers, basically what I did. Or take the van to go shopping.

No, they always need to have an instructor in the simulator room, plus it's a "million dollar machine" as far as I been told.

Okay, first few weeks was rough, I didn't go with an trainer but I got the hang of it. Maybe it's me and my hometime coming soon but kinda slowing down as expected in the winter.

Almost all

The few that didn't was because they just didn't understand logs, hos, trip planning etc etc. A handful left when they saw the real hometime chart and how much hometime they are getting. ....otr is otr, gotta realize that. Unless your regional then well.....home every week

7. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Is this pertaining fresh out of Trucking school students, or Experienced drivers but new to flatbed?

8. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Experience didn't get much homework as students.

Experience only did the simulator once and it was to achieve 7.2 mpg.

Experience had a choice to go with a trainer or not

I don't know what question your question was about

9. Natethetrucker04

Nov 24, 2015
    DFW
    Pretty much all the questions..... Just trying to see if Newbies and seasoned drivers shared the same class

10. Chris Ponder

Dec 7, 2015
    Thanks for the info. I'm looking at a dedicated glass route that gets me home weekends. Just trying to get an idea of how things are.

We learned some about HOS in school and had to complete log books for any runs we did whether in sleeper or driving.

Did little on trip planning in class. But I used to have a job where I did deliveries, not TT, and was very tedious about planning my route accordingly. I know not the same but a start.

Thanks for the info. I'm the type of person who always expects the worst so just getting ideas what to expect at orientation.

Did hear first week is hotel on site then 2nd week on is a different hotel.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.