Mercer Transportation left hundreds of us drivers stranded.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by angie43, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Sneakerfix

Sneakerfix Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Pasadena,ca
    really seems like you came into this unprepared. You didn't do your homework did you?

scottlav46 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee

I take it that nobody @ Mercer held your hand and babysat you. This us NOT the place for anyone that needs to be told what to do.

4. kjoseph

kjoseph Medium Load Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Huntington WV
    Mtoo has a point. Mercer is not a company that cares if you work or not. No one here will call you, it's your business, you gotta learn how it works. I came from a mega and was shocked for a few weeks at the start. You're right, mercer has few if any in house customers, yes loads are brokered sometimes multiple times when the mercer agent gets it, however, this is not the drivers concern, my concern is does it pay what I would run the lane for.... Period. I'm sorry your experience was bad, it is tough to acclimate to mercer.

lee2442 Thanks this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    For a minute I thought mercer had done a "pielsticker" on their drivers.... Then noticed this was an old thread.

6. DavidStottlemire

DavidStottlemire Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Don't know what your guys problems are or why you have the problems with Mercer. I love it here. I pull a step deck I go where ever including NYC, NJ, CT, MA I don't care where I run or how many loads I have to tarp. I did 1.82 per mile on all miles that I put on my speedometer. I don't ##### or complain. I don't cry like a baby. I run and I make money. Truckin ain't for sisys but if you are a sissy and want to lease to Mercer they do have van trailers you can pull.

nightgunner and mtoo Thank this.
  7. Sirroccco

Sirroccco Bobtail Member

Nov 25, 2015
    San Antonio Tx
    That s the original complain,you Einstein.GEEEZ!!!!

8. ex mercer contractor

ex mercer contractor Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    Was thinking of leasing on to mercer.howw is the new eld working out with their system.do you do more unload today and load tomorrow or unload /reload same day.

9. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Go to the long Mercer thread and read it.

10. 617-strong

617-strong Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2016
    So you go west with a good paying load and your saying either you sit for a load going back east or u keep the wheels turning and piece mail it back ?

11. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    You do realize that you are responding to a post made just shy of 6 years ago don’t you?

Mercer as a first empty first pick policy so you need to wait some time before you move up on the national (America) board unless you are willing to haul what these in front of you will not take. Good paying loads going back East are limited at Mercer. They have a separate Western board you can run freight off of until you move up on the America board to get a good paying load back east.

The post at http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/mercer-transportation.184426/page-757#post-5092725 explains it some. It’s worth reading though the entire thread (yes it is long) if you are interesting in running for Mercer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.