My Experience as a Driveaway Contractor

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by stepanahalf, Oct 26, 2015.

1. stepanahalf

stepanahalf Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2011
    San Antonio, Texas
    Today I got cleared for my first dispatch with Truckmovers.com. I am now waiting for the phone to ring. There will be some sort of orientation on the phone. I don't know anything about when and where I will be going or what type of equipment I will be driving yet. A few trips with an experienced driver was mentioned. I received my login information for the truckmovers.com website.

So now I'm trying to focus on getting some things together and cleaning up the house somewhat before I head out. Distracted by this computer and the interwebs...

Also, I have orientation with Quality Drive Away tomorrow in Laredo, Tx. Most likely I will drive my car down to laredo in the morning or simply take a bus. It is about 150 miles from where I live in San Antonio, Tx. Orientation for Quality is two days.

So, my general plan is to try and keep busy until around Christmas/New Years. Maybe I will be able to stop by my house every few days when I am passing through San Antonio.

There are two Youtubers that I found some interesting videos related to Driveaway Trucking:

This guy has his own car hauling business and here he is in Goshen Indiana preparing for orientation with Quality Drive Away:
    And preparing for his first trip:

This one had a tow car setup:

Anyway, I just started this thread in case I have any interesting updates on this...

Cheers,

Daniel

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.