Not good swift investigation

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Luse, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Thegasman

Thegasman Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2015
    Swift driver "feeding frenzy". The thoughts my mind conjures up thinking about that

Big Don Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    yes but there is a delay getting a new job. Try getting a new job when 15000 other people are also trying to get a new job at the same time. That's why I say start the process now and get into your new routine early.
    Very rare for someone to quit this week and be rolling next week under a paid load already with background checks, new physicals, and orientation etc.

DerpDerp Thanks this.
  4. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I don't see the company going completely under.
    Liquidation of assets, hiring freezes, and layoffs at most.

They're personal loans backed by company stock. If Moyes defaults on the loans the bank gets his shares and owns part of the company. The banks will then sell the shares, liquidate their shares of the company, or hold onto them as investments. The company itself is in the process of buying its own stock back, so in turn Swift would likely buy back their own stock from the bank meaning Moyes essentially got Swift to pay his loans off.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    My word, that IS a rather scary thought. (Understatement of the year contestant.):D
    Seems to me that SWIFT and KNIGHT used to be tied in together, or at least in bed with each other. Perhaps KNIGHT will come to SWIFT's rescue. Or not.:cool:

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Really?

There are many bad Swift drivers out there, but there are so many more good drivers that work for Swift.

Do you think I would have any problem going with anyone else if I chose to do so?
    I have zero points on any scale to hinder me.

That 11-12% of the bad Swift drivers would have a hard time. But most of us would be welcome anywhere we applied.

inkeper Thanks this.
  7. scatruck

scatruck Light Load Member

May 23, 2007
    Bonham TX
    I would not panic yet these investigations tend to last a while.

8. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    We were told in drive school that his daughter or daughter in law owns knight.... Can't remember exactly.

9. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Rule of thumb of trucking believe about 2% from truckers

Bean Jr. and Big Don Thank this.
  10. MM3Deg

MM3Deg Medium Load Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    This was swift instructors at swift school. But you are correct, it should be taken like a grain of salt. Plus that was almost a year ago.

11. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    The "relationship" is that one of the Knight brothers once worked for Swift . The Moyes children and his brother own Central Freight . And sued him for plundering Central to buy a hockey team that failed .

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.