Parked illegal forced to move

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by TruckerPete1990, Oct 20, 2016.

1. BIGZILLA

BIGZILLA Heavy Load Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    Hilarious thread!!
    Basically....
    I am entitled!
    Don't you know how important I am!

No place to legally park? Move on.
    Out of hours? Your poor planning does not entitle you, nor does it constitute an emergency for anyone else. Blocking fuel lanes, entries or exits because you didn't plan ahead is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Grow up and Deal with it.

The world is going completely crazy. I blame participation trophies. Half ### effort should never be rewarded.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It sounds funny to say today, but over the years you would laugh at the times I have heard a trucker say I am in a FEDERALLY REGULATED JOB. State laws don't apply to me and IF any COP wants to argue with this they can tell it to the Federal Marshals. This is followed closely by the statement about the interstates being solely owned by the Feds and NO state can tell me what lane to use or where I can go or not go. The part about this that is NOT funny is rookie drivers listen to this garbage and get into trouble.

Ke6gwf and BIGZILLA Thank this.
  4. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Maybe there should be a qualifying aptitude test prior to being able to take the CDL test. I mean the guy blowing about can't be touched is an idiot no question. But being dumb enough to believe it is worse IMO rookie or not. WTF happened to just a touch of common sense.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    This is just funny! A solid easy find that it's illegaly parked and off we go again.

BIGZILLA Thanks this.
  6. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    HOW TRUE!
    Many Americans, especially the younger ones, have this delusional sense of entitlement and no real understanding about living in a civilized society. We have rules we call them laws, but not everything should be governed by law. I really do blame the "participation trophy, hyper sensitive, I should never be offended by anything, politically correct crowd" for raising these kids this way. Since when are you(we) entitled to anything? If my beliefs offend you, deal with it. If my speach offends you, deal with it. If there isn't enough parking for you, deal with it. If you want the freedom to move about then deal with whatever differences in culture, custom or law you encounter. If you don't like the regulations in this industry do what you can to change them, but obey them until they are changed. None of these things become my problem just because someone told you just showing up should be rewarded! NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Knucklehead and AModelCat Thank this.
  7. BIGZILLA

Oct 15, 2015
    Treasure coast, Florida
    I believe that it should be re-named "uncommon sense"

wore out Thanks this.
  8. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I don't really have the time or inclination to get into much detail on this. I think common sense gets overridden by the sometimes ignorant stuff kids are taught in school and in some cases by a welfare queen parent (this is not a racial remark because I know more welfare queens that are white then black ones) our society has changed and in my view not for the better either.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I really hoping you are being sarcastic there.

10. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    There is a guy I know that just recently retired from the Georgia DOT. I have known him for years. Trust me when I say Georgia and trucking lost an asset when he retired. I will never forget him at the Petro Truck stop holding court. ( tongue in cheek there) He had the truckers and some of their families in stitches telling stories of the dumb crap he has encountered did by both Trucker and Cop alike. He tells a story of a trucker that was towed from the north bound I 85 rest area in Banks County ( I think this rest area is now closed) all because he dared a trooper to make him move. Funny stuff.

11. Moose1958

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    No, honest to God hand on a Bible serious!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.