Paschall Truck Line new name people that are truckless

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Deborah Nixon, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Deborah Nixon

Deborah Nixon Bobtail Member

Aug 28, 2015
    Orientation is a joke, supposed to be one and half days. You get half your orientation pay on the third day. They set you up in a run down motel that you have to check out daily, store your belongings in a conference room while you sit at the terminal waiting to get a truck. They have more driver than they have trucks. New trainee drivers are given brand new trucks before the drivers with experience. I have been sitting here for 5 days and they only pay $150 for orientation half on day three and the other half after your first dispatch. You will get paid $35 a day starting on day three for everyday you sit waiting on a truck, some driver have sit for 7 and 8 days. Sign on bonus is given after 2500 miles ran and you get $250 then $250 at 30000 miles and $500 at 60000 miles driven. The recruiters do not say anything about the wait or the pay. The place is ran backwords and if you can live off of $35 day and want to lug your belongings in and out your motel room everyday, this is the job for you.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Hi Deborah,mind if I call you Deb?Anyway what made you go to Paschall?What they pay drivers sitting waiting for a trk should be against the law.Kids selling lemonade makes twice that much.Why on earth don't you head home or look for another job while you're sitting?This pay will be an example of the pay once you do start driving.Then sitting there 5 days,thats ridiculous.Thats an example of the miles you'll be getting.It may take you a month just to get 2500 miles by the sounds of it.

Lonesome and Guitar Man Thank this.
  4. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Did you do any investigation before starting with this company? Seems like a little work on your end prior to agreeing to start would have yielded some valuable information.

Just another new driver that takes the path of least resistance instead of investing more time than what it takes to fill out an Internet application.

Here's a hint: if a company has all 3 of the following it is best to not work there.
    1. Recruiters
    2. Apply on line
    3. No in person interview required to be "hired"

5. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Just another one hit wonder.....

6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    My son in law is in stage 2 training with them and none of what the op has posted is true.

He has had to wait in motel for a truck but was given a $35 voucher for food and $100 a day while waiting.

He is doing quite well there and really likes it...

A lot of so called experienced drivers expect to be treated special but they don't want to earn their place...
    Just my opinion. ..

7. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Leads me to believe the OP has experience....so I am with @pattyj on this question:

pattyj Thanks this.
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Probably an accident or tickets

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Times have changed apparently. Most co's I signed on with had me rolling out of the yard at the end of a 3 day orientation at 6pm with a "hot" load and almost impossible delivery time. But you need to understand the logistics of matching drivers with trucks and loads etc. It ain't easy.

gary bourne Thanks this.
  10. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015

Trainees getting new trucks first? Huge sign on bonus? More drivers than trucks? All that together is one big sign of a bottom feeder-revolving door training company. If a huge sign on bonus is involved, they are desperate to fill seats.

average joe Thanks this.
  11. Matt Mills

Matt Mills Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Is this PTL? I have a prehire for them, I'm almost finished with trucking school. There recruiter is Sammy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.