Pedestrian crushed trying to walk under big-rig trailer

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by c64basic, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Ugh. I hate giving them ideas. But, you could look at it like that. A trailer skirt presents a visual barrier. It would take longer to pass under it and you'd likely have to skootch on the pavement, which messes up your clothes.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    In related news Nancy Pelosi has introduced legislation to require all semi trailers be equipped with warning signs, an audible alert, and guards to protect the public from the dangers of accidentally walking under a moving trailer.

San Fransisco has approved a law making all audible warning signals on commercial vehicles illegal in city limits. The Sacramento city council is expected to enact similiar legislation.

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    So he had been partying all night, and was moving on to his next bar. Hell, he couldn't wait for that truck, he was IN A HURRY.

Uh just pedestrians? Somehow, I think it is the general population, whether they are biking, driving, walking, or sitting on their butts in front of their computers. . .

5. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    my boy did that years ago when he was a young'un about 4 or 5. stopped in a rest area to let him have a bathroom break. walkin back out to the truck, he thought it would be cool to scoot under a truck trailer parked beside us before I could stop him. I yelled at him out of fear rather than being mad. scared him and me both. I explained to him why after we calmed down. needless to say he didn't do that anymore!

6. c64basic

c64basic Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    But those audible warning signals disrupt the mating rituals of the endangered yellow-crested short-billed California barn finch.

Vito, tsavory, NavigatorWife and 4 others Thank this.
  7. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    what he do, duck tuck and tryin to roll? would expect a 21 yr old to do that but not a 47

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Darwin Award in the making.

misterG and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  9. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    How freaking tall was this midget that's what I wanna know

10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    More parents need to do stuff like this. IMO the best way for a kid to grow up to be aware of hazards around them is to take them along on the job so they can learn first hand why it is a poor choice to do something like walking under a trailer.

11. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    This guy is not even a runner up, he is still alive. Award goes to those that actually complete the task at hand. Hope he did not reproduce.

Vito and Big Don Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.