Plugs for floor holes?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by gokiddogo, Sep 3, 2012.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    This might be a rookie question, but is there such a thing as plugs you can buy to put in the holes in the corners of the reefer floor? I ask this because I am hauling loads right now that are weighed at the shipper and again at the receiver and there is always about 1000 pounds difference due to water coming out of the product. I am very sure it would make the shipper very happy if I could retain greater payload when reaching the receiver's scale.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    Maybe THIS?

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  4. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Rubber freeze plugs, sell them in auto parts stores and they have a bolt with a washer to tighten them up.

rubber_freeze_plug.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  5. freightlinerman

freightlinerman Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Florida
    LOL, sound's like a terrible idea. So you want a thousand pounds of water to flood the trailer floor and possibly turn to ice? I'm sure that would make them happy. :)

6. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    I was not going to say anything, but when shippers blow ice on things you pray it melts to lighten the load.

123456 and VisionLogistics Thank this.
  7. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If you were to do this, I would be very careful opening the door when you get to where you are going, I can't picture one thousand pounds of water so it might be nothing, but at the very least it might give you a bath, at the worst, if you are parked on an incline when you open the door with water pressure pushing on the door, you migth get a bloody nose from the door.

8. Taildragon

Taildragon Heavy Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Indiana
    There is one alternative, (if the water on the trailer floor won't damage the load), carry you a short length of maybe 3/8" pipe, "after you have weighed in", and "before you open the door", take the section of pipe and bump the plug up and out of the hole, but here again, bath time... but then are the skids going to be soaked and dripping?

9. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    You don't need them unless you want what that other driver said a flood of chicken blood raining down on you when you open the doors. And the other guys right you want to lose the weight so let it drain.

10. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    The load is bulk produce loaded directly on the floor. On the receiving end they float it out. Appreciate the replies. I am not the one who opens the doors, the mexican workers at the receiving place check seal and cut it off and set it up so they can float it all out.

11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I forgot to add that it is running high enough ice is not a possibility.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.