Policy on inverters at Knight...

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006

*only good for trucks two years or newer, or at the correct terminal, within a year and a half, you might get an inverter installed!

*farts loudly again*

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    sum it up, i dont wanna waste my data on a knight video

HalpinUout and tucker Thank this.
  4. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    *only good for trucks two years or newer, or at the correct terminal, within a year and a half, you might get an inverter installed!

5. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    They are only 1200w inverters, they cost the company around 1250$ per and will be used as a incentive to get people out of the manual trucks and into the automatics, pre req if you want one in your truck it HAS to already be equiped with a dash cam.

Strait from a good friend thats going to be doing the installs for his terminal.

Glad I left when I did, the next surprise that coming down the pipe will surprise alot of drivers, and not the good kind of surprise.

x1Heavy and Sad_Panda Thank this.
  6. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Phx is first on the list, tho this should be no surprise to anyone.

7. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    $1250 for an inverter? HELL, I'll sell you an 1800w and install it for $1200.

Sounds like they need to find a new supplier cuz you can get one at ANY truck stop for $200.

8. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    Supposedly these are ones supplied by the dealer as to meet warranty requirements.

Edit,
    It's the cost of the Unit, install kit and shop labor. Also the ones at most truck stops are total junk and have a good chance of buring ur truck down. Dont take my word for it Google it. :p

9. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry, if you somehow think that is a deal of some sort, you may as well give your paychecks to charity. I can get a thermo king inverter, 1800 w installed for less than $580. All my years of trucking, I have never heard of an inverter that had to meet warranty requirements. It draws on your batteries. That's got nothing to do with a truck warranty. I just think that is an outrageous price.

10. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Didn't Knight choose to only install outward facing cameras though?

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I never said it was, im just stating why they did what they did and the cost of it. As for the warranty I have no idea, they are megas they dont play by the same rules when it comes to warranty in general. It could also be to meet insurance requirements, this is just what I was told by the guy installing them. Take it for what it is.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.