Posting For Good and Bad Brokers

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by khenders, Oct 30, 2007.

1. samjward

samjward Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    FMCSA stated there was already talk of removing brokers altogether from the market to surge rates for trucking carriers post-ELD mandate. Maybe they're finally receiving the message? Brokers = Thieves

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Got a source to that statement?

bbechtel16 Thanks this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Gotta be careful what you wish for @samjward have you seen Amazon's contract for small carriers cutting out the brokers? I have and boy was it an eye opener. A lot of bogus info going around that they are offering direct carriers $1.85 + fuel in off peak and $2.25 + fuel during peak. Seems like they are counting on no-one reading their contract and doing some math. They are working hard at cutting out the brokers completely and their rates direct are DIRT CHEAP.

An example Lexington, KY to Chattanooga, TN 275 miles pays a whopping $1.56 a mile with fuel. They have some short runs paying $2 a mile with fuel. Like a $130 on 65 miles. Getting excited yet? Instead of cutting brokers out how about we cut out cheap truckers and brokers alike who don't know wtf they are doing? Or just let the market wipe them out? Maybe they could go get jobs working for Amazon after they wash out on some other transportation job?

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    lol take a guess what his source is

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I have done loads with them last year, but last few times this year when I have interacted with them, dudes on the phone were complete rude douchebags. Once I did book the load, confirmation never came, half hour later found out they gave it some one else

samjward Thanks this.
  7. Night_driver

Night_driver Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I've done a few loads for Nolan and there were no problems.

8. bbechtel16

bbechtel16 Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2009
    PA
    TallJoe Thanks this.
  9. United Expedited

United Expedited Bobtail Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Lake Barrington, IL
    There are companies who simply support and allow any type of behavior so as long they profit and this is the issue. Within the industry people take advantage of market stability but to have this as core value and a business model is what leaves scars on reputations, still both worlds have coexisted a very long time and no matter what form it comes in there will always be those who do business the right away and those...well you know.

10. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Personally I don't think taking advantage of market conditions and getting the most money one can is bad business. I get tired of brokers who say that saying it. As if for a carrier to charge above normal market rates when conditions warrant it is abhorrent. Spare us the lectures. Brokers do the exact same thing.

Bad business is not keeping one's word, not paying TONU, beating someone out of detention, lying to cover a load. Those are bad business practices. And of course that's a two way street.

Dale thompson, samjward and spyder7723 Thank this.
  11. samjward

samjward Light Load Member

May 20, 2016
    Sorry I didn't see your post. I can't give the source as it's a specific person who works there. All I can say is that it might become public knowledge after the new DOT system is in place and MC dockets are no longer used. Again, it's only been talked about in the office and in meetings from what I understand, so nothing confirmed yet. He did also mention that broker authorities would be removed, and carrier authority would require bonds.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.