Prime lease = get out now?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by Diana.Prince, Jan 2, 2016.

1. 100 Percent

100 Percent Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
    Thank you. I will be starting Prime on September 6th and needed this bit of information. Much appreciated.

123456 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    That's what we're here for.

However, since that time, I'm now leasing because I couldn't keep the company truck out the shop. With a company truck, you don't have to worry about going in the hole if the truck is in the shop, you just won't get a check at all. So I got a new lease truck and only water leaks in above the windshield now. Not going to worry about that, Freightliners have poor fit and finish.

But I'm now on a regional route where I've been informed the times are tight, but I'll know in advance what my loads will be always so I can plan ahead. For these tight loads, the route pays more. They will also be lighter on average with less mountains in my way, means less fuel burned, equal more money.

In the end patience is paying off for me, which will allow me to buy my own truck sooner.

Good luck to you, and control your truck first, then look across the median, I'm waving at you!

Peace.

tscottme and 100 Percent Thank this.
  4. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant
    Have the shop hit those marker lights w/silicone again, like the last time, before it shorts out electrical/instruments. Ah......memories, eh? LOL

Freighty includes those leaks now as standard equipment, no extra charge. So, I don't want to hear you saying they've never given you anything. :biggrin_25525:

5. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    I came back from vacation to Pittston and was welcomed to a puddle of water on the dash, a PUDDLE! The truck was stationary in the lot. The windshield guy said, 'I'm not lazy, but, it is probably condensation from the apu'. I said sure man, and got back on the road. It rained all that week, and a took a turn only to find water hit me in the crotch from the windshield.

I'll have them look at those markers again when I go back for the oil change.

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Don't do a lease purchase....EVER!!!! I don't care what they tell you. Just don't do it.

7. $lim

$lim Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Atlanta , GA
    why not? tell us how u really feel!!!

8. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    Lol! /killfile

9. darthanubis

Jun 26, 2015
    No one said anything about purchase. If their reading comprehension is as bad as yours they shouldn't have any driving license, much less sign contracts. But hey, trolls gotta troll.

BigSky and redoctober83 Thank this.
  10. 100 Percent

100 Percent Bobtail Member

May 17, 2016
  11. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    MOGLAR has shown a passion for searching Lease threads

[​IMG]

darthanubis and DADof3 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.