Privacy questions...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by voodoolady24, Apr 29, 2016.

1. voodoolady24

voodoolady24 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2015
    LA/TX
    What companies are listening in the cab and/or driver facing cameras?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. voodoolady24

Aug 16, 2015
    LA/TX
    Thank you....link is not working for me in chrome or firefox

4. Out of line

Out of line Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2016
    FL
  5. voodoolady24

Aug 16, 2015
    LA/TX
    What about recording audio in the cab or sleeper???? Anyone with any knowledge???

6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Hearing swift have audio. Not really sure who else, I just work for companies that don't have them, pretty simple

7. Out of line

Out of line Bobtail Member

Mar 22, 2016
    FL
    Yeah. No shortage of companies that don't.

8. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    only company I know has in cab recorders is NFI. I'm sure there are others. As far a sleeper area. Its up to you to keep it private. There only suppose to record the driver while the truck is in operation. but they can turn the camera on and treat you like a reality show. Why would anyone work for a company like that is beyond me,

9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I would record a "Swift sucks" song with crude references to the DM's and play it all the time. We'd find out how much they really record.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    They say the camera is supposedly motion activated. Here's the thing. When I drove for CEMEX they had cameras in all the mixers, driver & forward facing.
    On two separate occasions, very late in the day, like I'm the last mixer out, then everyone can crack a cold one, I was unloading at the rear of the truck, then went to the cab to relocate. At that exact time, the boss called me on the radio, and ask what my ETA was back to the plant. There is no way, no way that is that much of a coincidence. He could watch any truck, anytime on his laptop, No way that dude sat and called me for 45 minutes until I just happened to be back in the cab.
    Also
    By the collective bargaining agreement of the Local, a driver could not be punished for something that was on the camera ( talking on the phone, jerking off ) unless the camera was activated by the driver ( motion - hard brake, hard lateral movement or the driver actually activating it ). Why do you need a rule like that in an official collective bargaining agreement, if they can't see you?
    If you drive for a company that has them, and you want to do the nasty, or just don't want them looking at you when your stopped, hang your hat over it. During the day when your driving, who cares, I'd sing into the camera, pick my nose, I bet they didn't watch me more than necessary.
    And the dam thing would go off all the time, driving a mixer is big truck with square wheels.

bottomdumpin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.