Projecting onto windsheild curtian?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by LastBradTrucking, Oct 21, 2016.

1. LastBradTrucking

LastBradTrucking Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Has anyone attempted to hook up say a small projector in the back of the sleeper to project onto a windshield curtain?

I'm certain some cabs can be outfitted with a curtain for privacy, just try and find a white curtain with as close to 1.0-1.3 gain then project onto it!

Could get as many as 3 large screens using pico projectors. I'd use sonys MP-CL1 laser projectors as they are very compact, you can even cast directly from your phone using miracast, oh just don't look into the beam!

Maybe even use the space behind the chairs so the beam is harder to get direct eye contact with. You can get decent results with even a short throw.

It uses hdmi too so with a good enough computer you could stitch say 3 of them together using eyefinity or NVidia surround and have the entire windshield be one large screen. Just a thought.

Also since they are battery powered and charge with a standard mini usb, you could just get a couple usb battery banks to keep them running 5-7 ish hours depending on the capacity, this way your projectors are completely wireless if using miracast and only hdmi connections if you decide to make a multi projector display. Just recharge the battery banks when you are driving.

Would work the same with a curtain that just blocks out the sleeper but that takes living space away if your solo.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LastBradTrucking

Oct 20, 2016
    Also, its only 34?ish lumens and there are other led solutions that are cheaper as well.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Thought about it but the 19 inch flat screen is plenty for me. I did have a projector in my houses for TV and movies. Love that 'going to the movies' feeling. It projected about a 12 foot spread on the wall widescreen. Problem was I had to put blackout tint on the kitchen and living room windows. The family calls me Vampire to this day.

5. LastBradTrucking

Oct 20, 2016
    Yeah 19 inch in a small space is great, the biggest pro for me I think would be being able to use the full trucks sound system sitting as close to the middle as I could instead of having my video source being to the side of the audio at all times having it straight on should be more natural, I assume most trucks just work of multi stereo so its not too bad but surround could be possible. To bad all truck stereos I bet are 2.1 channel spread across all the speakers, altho there are head units designed for multi channel input, not sure how good they are, id have to do research on it, and even then also dependent on how the trucks rear and forward speakers are wired, though I could always rework it to whatever I want.

Also my projector was in the basement of my house, no need to blackout windows. I bet the sacrifice was worth it tho!

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.