Real story on Maverick

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by tennmoto, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Wardog73

Wardog73 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2015

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wardog73

Wardog73 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Maverick sucks, I was with them for about a year in TCD and had trouble with two different dispatchers

4. Wardog73

Wardog73 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Maverick sucks, they are in their own little bubble, they can't keep drivers because they don't know how to let adults be adults and make adult decisions, I know this because I have worked for them, I had trouble with two dispatchers while I was there, both were ###### holes

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    What were they doing

6. Wardog73

Wardog73 Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2015
    They would always call and text and wondered why I stopped my truck, I'm 42, retired from the Marines, been to Iraq and Afganastan twice and they treated me like a kid, I've drove trucks and have worked on them also, I've been around trucks and come from a long line of truck drivers, they would always push and push me, I'd have to beg to get home, not that I have to be home every weekend but I figure a month on the road and it's time for a break

7. kmoore2min

kmoore2min Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2015
    While driving for Maverick's glass division I'd stay out 2 to 6 weeks (my choice), and I'd come home when I scheduled it and stay home for 2-6 days (my choice). I'm still with Maverick today and am happy here.

As to your issues with your Fleet managers, as we call them here at Maverick--because they don't actually dispatch, sometimes personalities don't mesh. Personally, I've never had an issue.

8. Cuban Kracker

Cuban Kracker Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2015
    I DROVE FOR MAVERICK FOR A LITTLE BIT. HAD MY TRUCK BEEN RELIEABLE I WOULDVE STAYED. I LIKED MY FLEET MANAGER AND HE WAS UNDERSTANDING OF HOW I FELT ABOUT THE TRUCK. IF THEY WOULDVE JUST PUT ME IN ANOTHER TRUCK I WOULDVE STAYED. I THOUGHT THEY TREATED THEIR PEOPLE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT OTHER BIG FLATBED COMPANY WE ALL KNOW, "BLACK AND CHROME" IS THE HINT. IF A NEW DRIVER IS LOOKING FOR A GOOD FLATBED COMPANY, ONE COULD DO MUCH WORSE. MAVERICK IS NOT BAD OTHER THAN SOME OF THE EQUIMPMENT.

9. Mackel

Mackel Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2014
    What's the glass division like? I would like some info from a driver.

10. The Fiddle

The Fiddle Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2011
    NWA
    I hear it's shattering...

Lulz

11. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    It's really transparent......

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.