1. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Does anybody have any current info on Saia?

I used the search on here but a lot of the threads are old, arguments or thread hijackings. Nothing really relevant to right now.

Any info is appreciated.

manskewl Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. manskewl

manskewl Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Bump, need info too

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Might want to specify p&d, local, or line haul .
    Also check the LTL forum.

5. Victor_V

Victor_V Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Pronounced 'sigh-ya'. Very solid outfit, I believe. CSA for Vehicle Maintenance surprisingly high, 48.4%, Driver Safety 7.4% (and I'm sure they intend to keep it there), HOS 16.2%. So there are some issues with the age, maintenance of their fleet. Far below Alert-level, tho.

See: http://ai.fmcsa.dot.gov/SMS/Data/carrier.aspx?enc=m+09n+cvAao=

Crash numbers on par with Gordon if you account for size difference. 2000 truck Gordon has 132 reportables in last two years. 3645 truck Saia has 283 reportables. Gordon Vehicle Maintenance 21.6%. (The lower, the better.)

manskewl Thanks this.
  6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I get at least 2 emails a week from them with p&d spots in nashville. I know they have a large turnover rate there. Secretary for company I drove for said her husband was terminal manager there but left them and went back to driving for someone else. Never know until you try though. It just might be the right fit for you.

7. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    If it wasn't such a long drive for me I think I might go with them. 85 miles one way too much to be doing daily.

9. Victor_V

Dec 15, 2008
    Spencer, Indiana
    Rent a good-quality sleeping room there for $300 a month, tow. You'll be home a lot more often than you are now. That's the mistake I made with Mid-States Express in '08, the terminal that next door to Gordon on Dividend.

50-mile drive morning and night and then 10-14 driving PU/DEL was way too much. Boy! Was I cranky. Boss pulled me in one day to chew me out for 16-hour day picking up his freight at dispatch's pleading. Gave him written notice the same day. He all but harassed me, insisting that I couldn't quit the whole time thereafter. I said I could and I would. And I did.

But for a few hundred bucks could have had a sleeping room in Indy and kept the job. Well, they were failing and went out of business anyway.

Never occurred to me at the time. Sleeping room.

Larger than a Cascadia, too.

Bring your own mattress, if you want. : 0)

Hell, invite the wife over mid-week for mid-week whoopie.

Dinner and a movie in Nashville. What's not to like?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
    TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Think linehaul starts at .45cpm tops out at .55cpm after 3 yrs. Meet and turns home daily. Drop and hook.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  11. superdooper

superdooper Bobtail Member

May 27, 2014
    I can't find any info on this company all I have found was a local add saying 46.5 cent a mile they won't let you talk to a HR Driver Recruiter so any info in linehaul home time would be fine is any one has any info

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.