Schneider Bulk is real slow

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by cin38, Jan 5, 2016.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Lying or "pretending" on your application is one of the dumbest things you can do. There is a reason companies ask for "Verifiable" employment.

Please don't risk it. If you have to leave then leave, but you always want to be honest on your application. If/ when they find out, you will be fired asap.

Home_on_wheels and gentleroger Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IronTrunk

IronTrunk Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    It's actually illegal for them not to verify. So any reputable copy will verify.

§ 391.23: Investigation and inquiries

(a) Except as provided in subpart G of this part, each motor carrier shall make the following investigations and inquiries with respect to each driver it employs, other than a person who has been a regularly employed driver of the motor carrier for a continuous period which began before January 1, 1971:

4. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Seriously, is partial unemployment real? I've never heard of it. Please explain.

5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    If you don't make whatever the state unemployment is per week you can claim the difference ....

At least that was the way it use to work......

If the company is saying there is no work and sitting you for next to nothing it's worth some time to check it out.....

6. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    It also depends on your State.

7. IronTrunk

IronTrunk Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    About 10 years ago the max rate was 450 a week. Just go get a different job

8. MilkyJay

MilkyJay Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Everywhere you want to be
    Partial employment shouldn't even cross your mind working full time. Sad that in today's world, it's quite realistic. Get that experience and get outta dodge.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  9. Asphalt Anarchy

Asphalt Anarchy Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Atlanta, Ga
    I'm sure most of you have seen your W-2 already. Here's what mine said.

I started in Bulk on Jan. 1st 2015 and transferred out after exactly 6mos. I grossed just over $9,900 for the entire first six months of 2015. This with little experience and no Hazmat. I also got a bad truck that stayed in the shop and on the side of the road a lot. The few weeks before I quit I was finally making a few real pay checks. ($800/wk before taxes). People were quitting left and right. We were losing big accounts.

I moved to intermodal at 6 months to the day. There, I grossed a tad over $36k for the second 6mos of 2015.

When I was starting out, Schneider Bulk was the place to be. Big money for noobs with good training to make really big money down the road. At this point I'm just coasting because intermodal is easy mode trucking and I'm not really looking to move on from it unless Choice picks again later on.

10. Mik750

Mik750 Bobtail Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Dude your getting 600 miles a week???? WOW. Schneider Bulk is really tanking, literally

11. coffee mug

coffee mug Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2016
    you have to pour the hazmat from the hose after unloading into a bucket , breath the hazmat fumes. your face becomes a hollaween mask from hazmat splashing on it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.