Schneider tanker

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by d_bassguy79, May 25, 2015.

1. d_bassguy79

d_bassguy79 Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Schneider tanker hires in my area and i was thinking about going with them at one point but saw some posts about them having problems with the schneider work flow. Are the tanker drivers still dealing with this? Also, how are the miles and accessory pay with them? Thanks for your help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Indiana RED

Indiana RED Light Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    wahiawa, HI
    Hope someone gives you a good reply because i have the same questions as you

4. jerzguy21

jerzguy21 Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2015
    mays landing, nj
    I am curious as well. I am undecided between Schneider or Prime tanker division.

5. XCr4shOverideX

XCr4shOverideX Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Baytown, TX
    I just started with Schneider tanker last month, I am in my 3rd week of driving. Yes, they are still having some issues with workflow, however, imo it is getting somewhat better. I haven't really had very many miles, however, I have had some stuff I had to take care of at home so I haven't had enough time to actually hit the road, but I do have a couple of guys that I started with that are getting close to the 2,000+ miles per week that we were told by the recruiters. The accessory pay that I can remember are $25 per load/unload, anything over 2 hours you get detention pay which is $2.50 per 15 minutes, layover pay is $65 after 24 hours, and $40 for a short haul.

d_bassguy79 and Indiana RED Thank this.
  6. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Once things settle and office staff fully understands the changes and what they have to do on their end it works well.

Have heard of some lost business and that will be a challenge for SNI to work through.

Might not be a bad time for new inexp drivers to come aboard. While loads might not be as frequent as normal, new guys can get their feet wet in a more relaxed way?

Campitor, 91B20H8 and d_bassguy79 Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes SNBC is hiring in full force. All the ten plus year drivers are now gone and they are aggressively trying to fill those vacant trucks. Great place to learn the ropes and as soon as you fulfill any obligations with Schneider, you will be a great position to move on to more lucrative paying jobs. Bulk is the only way to go and Schneider will get their workflow ironed out soon. They're only hurting themselves with all the kinks and bugs.

8. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Work flow problems are mostly worked out. March was a terrible month, but it was mostly back to normal in april. Ill have 3300 miles when i finish this week. They also gave everyone a raise to make it somewhat more competitve with other tank companies to try and keep drivers from leaving, should be at .51 or .52 cents a mile after a year.

I just wish they would govern these trucks at 65, 60mph is way to slow.

9. d_bassguy79

Dec 15, 2014
    Thanks rz14nj. Do u know what they moved the starting pay to for someone straight out of school?

10. XCr4shOverideX

XCr4shOverideX Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Baytown, TX
    I got bumped to 0.41 cpm.

d_bassguy79 Thanks this.
  11. d_bassguy79

Dec 15, 2014
    Thanks for the reply. Are your miles going back up?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.