Should I get off my mentor truck or tough it out?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Kry0n, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Aflak

Aflak Light Load Member

Jun 6, 2011
    Las Vegas, NV
    I wish you best of luck with your new trainer. What does not kill you can only make you stronger. Use the past few weeks as a learning experience and I believe you will do just fine. Would be nice if you could keep us update with your progress if you are able.

If you have some down time check out bluebonnie I believe that is how you spell it bluebonnet,bluebunny agrh! can somebody spell his name correctly. Check out what he went thru. He went thru hell but made it and was very successful OTR truck driver in the end.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Keep going with the myths.

If you get beat down enough, often enough, it makes you pretty much give up.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    That would be Bluebonn . He eventually became a Swift mentor and was mine when I came back to trucking . . He's no longer with Swift and last I talked to him he was driving for a local company in the Austin area.
    Frank

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  5. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    And he is considering coming back to OTR...Lord help us all!

6. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Hello Everyone,
    I am back in ABQ. We pulled in last night at around 12am. Highway 17 from Phoenix to Flagstaff was fun! Sat in traffic for about 30 minutes due to a truck being burnt to the ground.
    We had a 37,000 lb load for Costco. My heaviest load yet. Was a good learning experience and had a good time making the best of the last time with my mentor.

I am gonna miss driving that sweet truck. It was a 2016 Kenworth T680. In the academy we only drove 9 speeds, but I caught on pretty fast to the 10 speed.

I called Driver Development yesterday before we left Phoenix and was instructed to call her back this morning. I just called her and she is supposed to call me back in a few hours. She wants me to write up a statement and include everything that happened. Hopefully she gives me 24 hours or so before jumping on my new mentors truck as I have picked up a bug and congested, with stuffed nose. I think it was from the chain smoking my mentor did with the windows up! Even though I was supposed to be given a non-smoker! I don't want to jump into my new mentor truck with a bug and get him sick.

Anyway I am home with the family, waiting for the call back. I will update when I find out whats going on.

7. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Good Luck! It will all be worth it in the long run!

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Congestive urineitilious enpeeilis syndrome.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    good luck... I remember when I first went out with a trainer I thought I would never get off the truck and be a solo driver. It will get better, hopefully the new mentor knows what he/she is doing.

Father Luke Thanks this.
  10. Kry0n

Kry0n Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    New mentor just called and will be picking me up at the terminal in a few hours. He sounds like a normal guy, we will see.
    Im at the dmv getting my nm driver license as my temp az license only has 2weeks before expiring and the academy has not sent the final az license. I cant afford to be put on safety hold due to my license expiring. Who knows when me and new mentor will be back in nm. So I rather go through the few extra steps to transfer my temp az license to nm.
    She is processing my paperwork now and should be done before mentor picks me up.

Will update when im on the truck. We are headed to el paso, tx he said.sounds like he might be on the walmart dedicated account.

11. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I always enjoy the food carts there hahaha

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.