Soon all new California cdl applicants must go to school.

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Upright, Aug 19, 2015.

1. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    Another thought? Survival of the fittest no longer plays a role in our society. Little Johnny or Mary just might get their feelings hurt and we can't have that. So let's dumb down all of America.

MJ1657, Big Don and tsavory Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I went to one of the "Truck Driving Institute Schools". I can tell you out of 15 students only 4 of us passed and got our CDL's. My test was administered by a 3rd party tester that taught no portion or even spoke with us period. Not sure of TDI's other school just the one I attended.

4. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    One of those California idiots actually filmed himself going down the road, sitting in the sleeper while steering the truck using a couple of tie-downs.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Truer words were never written! Heck, even the test for an amateur radio (HAM) license, all you have to do is go online and memorize questions and answers. It is conceivable that a person could now get their "extra" ticket, (highest HAM license that is currently being given,) by doing a lot of memorizing, and knowing very little about electronics or radio.
    I realize this has nothing to do with the thread, just using it as an example of the "dumbing down syndrome" that we are in the midst of.

MJ1657 Thanks this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Look at all the online college courses going on today. The testing too is typically done online so they can have whatever means necessary to insure the test is passed "with flying colors", each and every time and voila', you get an instant "college graduate" who did most of their study and "learning" and developed many of their critical thinking skills at home in their panties.

Big Don Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.