Stainless benefits?

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by 24valve puller, Aug 16, 2016.

1. 24valve puller

24valve puller Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    Does anyone have any real world experience with both aluminum and full stainless trailers to know if there are any benifits to going with stainless over aluminum other than looks. For example, will the stainless do better at keeping heat out? I'm looking at getting a new or newer trailer and am weighing the options. My loads are usually under 40k so the extra weight isn't a big deal, and with new trailers in the 70-80k+ range i might as well get what i want if I'm spending that much. TIA

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Pulled many stainless......depending on the spec(insulation type of unit etc)not much difference besides weight and looks....one thing to consider if youve never pulled a stainless....backin w/the sun or heavy light source in the right place the wagon will blind ya....lol....good luck

KB3MMX and bzinger Thank this.
  4. 24valve puller

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    Hadn't thought about the blinding myself until now, could see that being a real problem in the right light. Was hoping for a stronger argument for the wife than just it looks cool, she says I already look cool enough. Pretty sure she's just sayin that

5. cole41

cole41 Bobtail Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I think resale value would be one big advantage

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. 24valve puller

Sep 8, 2007
    N.E. Oh
    They definitely hold their value. I decided against stainless after seeing a few up close. The top and bottom rails look like crap unless you paint or polish them. Both are a pain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.