Swift: Best way to quit?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by athiestlover, Aug 20, 2016.

1. TruckerB2015

TruckerB2015 Bobtail Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Go home clean out your truck. leave personal belongings at home, pack light and take your truck back to your company. Make sure you have bus fare, or transportation back home.

rachi and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Quitting Swift should be very easy. They give only 2 days off a month so when you get back for your hometime you of course cleaned out the truck and walk the keys back into the office and tell them you need more than 2 days off. Not a lie, not the whole truth nothing but the truth, but using their own rules against them, more than 2 days off, turn the keys in policy.You simply do not return back to Swift because you got your new job. Chances are only 20/80 they will ever call to ask if you're coming back anyway.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Best way to quit is tell dispatch you would like hometime.Once home call dispatch tell him you're quitting.Clean trk out they'll find you a load that routes you back to the terminal.you may have to furnish your own way back home.I quit two companies that way.otherwise if you tell dispatch you're quitting chances are they route you to term and you'll be forced to quit their with all your stuff in the trk. You wanna be well prepared when quitting.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    'Queer' would be a more accurate description than 'strange'. But then again, he was a male flight attendant. So that's a foregone conclusion.

RedRover Thanks this.
  7. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    I've quit 3 times in 7 years as a company driver. Two with the same company. Once because my mom became ill and I needed to be closer to home. They were really cool with it.

I went to a regional company and my dm was a dick head, I cleaned out the truck and dropped the keys off to the office, got in my pickup and drove home. I was back in a truck with the previous company (my mom passed away) within 1 week.

Three months later, I just couldn't handle the grind of coast to coast anymore. Called the OCM and told her, she was very gracious and I dropped off their truck the next day. They would hire me back in a N.Y. minute.

The other company wouldn't, which doesn't bother me one little bit ;-)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Hay.. i get a lisp when drinking beer on my weekends off, with @Giuseppe Ventolucci !!~ And we are not QUEER by any means to the mode!!! We Hispanic Dego's take that personally, LoL!
    Man, we've gotten SO off track again, LoL.
    @Thull .... I know you are still going thru some shizex, but . . . any input, my bro?

Thull Thanks this.
  9. Giuseppe Ventolucci

Giuseppe Ventolucci Medium Load Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I actually find myself speaking a better English when I drink... Idk maybe is just me lol.
    I also find it I drive better when I drink...

Jk.
    Cheers my friend !

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I usually give a months notice as an owner operator, otherwise they keep the holdback. I've never had a problem if you are curtious and professional about it.

11. athiestlover

athiestlover Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2016
    Thanks, guys! I am not leaving on bad terms. I get along with my DM. I just got a job with being home weekly.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.