swift

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by eccgen, May 15, 2015.

1. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    I agree amigo , from what I've read Moyes has a minority stake and all the power because of the way the stocks are classified . Classic

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JMichael

JMichael Light Load Member

May 16, 2015
    The sad part is , to get so big he had to cut his drivers throats , run the puppy mill turn over machine so he could cut the rates and get all the accounts . Some number cruncher advised him that paying trainees ten cents a mile over x. Number of loads was more profitable than retaining a journey man at fifty even with increased damages , accidents and service failures . England's as bad or worse , if they don't change their tune I see England headed for catastrophe . At least the directors at Swift seem to be waking up

4. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    A mega is still a mega..... The only thing these mega companies are good for, whether it's prime, swift, pumkinmobile,USX, Werner, etc is to get training(I still recommend a good 10+ week training program at a credited driving school rather than the worthless mega company schools), get that first 1-2 years in while keeping your nose clean(no wrecks, tickets, excessive DOT violations), then get to a smaller outfit that does take care of its drivers, and especially doesn't resort to these stupid, Orwellian, "drivercams" to make up for shoddy training/safety practices.

reefer75 Thanks this.
  5. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    Just searched the Better Business Bureau out of curiosity. Swift is not a rated company so not sure where the "F rating" came from. Please post a link to the "F rating" you say Swift has with the BBB.

6. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Ran into a Swifty just the other day. He was sitting in front a trailer at a J.C. Penney, so I thought I would stop and talk to him. Anyhow, the day before they dispatched him on this load that was running late. That is they dispatch him on a load that he didn't approve. Apparently some planner though he could shove this steaming late load on to this guy and he could take the service failure instead of the planner that let this load ripen on his computer. He called up and got that load pulled off of him and asked his DM for some layover for the day he wasted. His DM had not gotten back to him about the layover but 'would look into it.'

So the day after that, the day I talked to him, he was sent to J.C. Penney to pick up this 'empty.' Typical Swift empty pick-up that is, instructions with no pay. Well when I met him he had been there for 4 hours and it was only 11 a.m. The trailer could not be picked up because it had a kingpin lock on it and everybody was dumbfounded where the key was. He made the calls, sent the messages but no one was getting back with answers. I told him to bag it and head to the Pilot before it fills up. I also told him couldn't use that trailer as a empty anyway since it is filled with J.C.P load bars and ropes. Anyway when I came back through at 10 p.m he was still their, and apparently no one got back with him.

The guy worked for Swift 10 years ago and just went back. He obviously regrets it and is looking for a way out. He claims nothing has changed in those 10 years. That does not surprise me.

So fat chance of this guy making the 2500miles a week the recruiter promises and some Swift drivers claim they average. All I see is two days wasted for nothing. All by Swift.

dog-c Thanks this.
  7. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland

everyone knows that swift sucks..... i think swift even knows they suck.... I'm not trying to put you down but why have you been there for 3 years? Should've done your year for experience and moved on

8. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Having it on paper and in your bank account are 2 completely different animals.

9. mwc1576

mwc1576 Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2012
    Prime respected? lol That is a good one.

reefer75 and average joe Thank this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Respected by who? :biggrin_25523:

reefer75 Thanks this.
  11. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    great stuff. teamsters companies are all bankrupt so smart move is buy swift stock and diapprove of how they make bank over there,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.