T/A DENTON TX

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by orangepicker, Jan 31, 2016.

1. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    I was here a year ago and they were trying to sell those little wal-mart pies for $1.98 with the sell by date magic marker out....that pie is still there....turkey legs are also wal-mart $2.89 at T/A you pay $7.99 not sure if those a the same one's from last year...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
    Cottonmouth85 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Is that even allowed by health code? Seems like they could be getting themselves in knee deep...

4. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Some of those places leave hot dogs on the grill till they turn black.

5. jpracer1

jpracer1 Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2009
    that place is a hole

mitrucker Thanks this.
  6. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Yeah I think 50% of their lot is paid parking now.

7. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    LOL I logged in specifically to gripe about this place. Been here since noon waiting on an empty. It's an epic cluster. Dudes ghetto parked every which way and it's been like this all day.

I'd say about 1/3 is paid parking and it's policed. I've been watching drivers get run out of spots since I got here.

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    They had some little squirt with a T/A uniform shirt on running from truck to truck telling them how to park. I was bobtail, in the same space with another bobtail, and he wanted me to leave the parking lot because I didn't have a trailer. I showed him a receipt for the 125 gallons of fuel I just bought. didn't make any difference. I told him to go get his manager. He never did. I never went back.

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That TA is something else! A few years ago a driver climbed the flag pole and put an American Flag up for Veterans Day. Turned into a national news story when the owner wasn't having any of that. I actually sided with the owner due to liability issues of someone climbing a pole and falling then trying to own the place.

Cigs are like $15 bucks a pack there! Thought a driver was going to have a heart attack when he asked for a pack of Marlboro Lights. The cashier told him "yea the owner is vehemently anti smoking and that's his way of expressing his opinion." Okay then.

The restaurant was remodeled around 1977 and I think they still use the same dining ware. Living in the area my time there is minimal but it's always seemed like a rathole. I think it was built in the early 70's and was a 76 T/S originally.

They finally leveled the old SunPower Truck Plaza across the street. It looks like a place where old van trailers go to die and is a real eyesore. I've heard for a few years that Loves owns that property and will be breaking ground eventually.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.