The best prank you ever pulled off

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Naptown, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    It seems to me the workplace environment is becoming increasingly humorless. Cracking a joke now and then is frowned on as unproductive, and I can think of a few practical jokes I came up with in the past that would get me fired nowdays. Thankfully there are always a few folks willing to twist a coworkers tail now and then for the amusement of all.

Anyone remember the Mac Davis song Hard to be Humble? The last carrier I worked for had one of "those" guys. He knew more than you, could do it faster, better, and had been doing it longer than you, and wasn't shy about saying so. One of the other guys got tired of him strutting around like a banty rooster, so every time they crossed paths he'd start singing that song.

At the fuel pumps. "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way..."

While strapping down their loads in the truck barn. "I can't wait to look in the mirror, cuz I get better looking each day..."

On the cb when they crossed paths on the road. "To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man, Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can."

Pretty soon everyone was in on the act, whistling the chorus as they walked by. It took a while for the dude to catch on. He was so full of himself he didn't realize it was directed at him. Once he did though, he got off his high horse for a while. But you can't keep a good man down, and it wasn't long til he was back in the saddle.

The best prank I ever got away with was during the last NCAA tournament, which took place in Indianapolis. Undefeated Kentucky was playing Wisconsin and Kentucky got their butts kicked. A buddy and I were both doing our pretrips next to each other and listening to the final moments of the game. When he went inside for a last minute restroom visit I ran around to his rear trailer. In the grime on the door, in great big letters, I wrote "Go Badgers! UK sucks! I knew he was going to be sharing 65 with a bunch
    of disappointed and pissed off Kentucky fans, headed home in humiliation.

Sure enough, he hadn't even made it to Seymour before he called me bewildered. Every car that passed him with Kentucky plates honked their horn at him or flipped him off. He pulled over twice thinking something was wrong with the truck but didn't find anything, especially not my graffiti on the back. It wasn't until he got to Nashville and pulled his padlocks off in the bright lights of the TA where he relays that he found it. According to him, he had aggravated UK fans harrassing him until well south of Louisville. I laughed about that for weeks.

Actually, I'm still laughing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    about 20 years ago when I was working in a factory, the company just opened up a plant in Mexico, me and another guy took the lead persons tool box and strapped it to a skid and shrink wrapped it and marked it to be shipped to the Mexico plant.
    the next morning the lead was looking for his tool box and couldn't find it, just about lunch time someone came up from shipping wanting to know when he was moving to Mexico.....

MayhemTrucking Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    A former coworker and I used to prank each others' trucks regularly.

He put a stink bomb under my seat (so that the seat crushed it when I sat down), so I filled his A/C vents with baby powder.
    He put Vaseline in the fingers of my gloves, so I put Icy Hot in the fingers of his gloves.
    He disconnected the outgoing air line from my trolley valve (so that when I pulled the handle, the air vented into the cab instead of going back to the trailer brakes), so I reversed the air lines on his shifter's range switch.
    He stole my gladhand seals, so I sandwiched a quarter between the gladhand seals on his red line.
    He spiked my chewing tobacco with cayenne pepper, so I put cigarette loads into his cigars.
    He put that deer urine scented stuff that hunters use in my windshield washer fluid, so I took down his air fresheners (he had a bunch hanging from his spotlight handles) and hung up tampons in their place.

But the best one ever was: He replaced the fuse in my General Lee's power cord with a smaller fuse (so that it would blow as soon as I keyed the mic), so I installed ran jumper wire from his brake light relay to the his electric horn relay (so that his electric horn would blow every time his brake lights lit up).

chopper103in Thanks this.
  5. Random Finger

Random Finger Bobtail Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Back when I was in the navy me and a few buddies were up on the mess deck for lunch. Sitting there messing around I took the Tabasco sauce and spiked the ketchup with almost half the bottle. Shook it up and then we waited. Shortly after another buddy of ours comes along with a couple hotdogs and covers them with the ketchup.

He takes a bite, starts to chew it shortly afterwards is like wtf!?!?. We're all like what? He says #### that's a hot hotdog!!! So he sets it aside and grabs the other one and same thing...wtf!?! He's like screw that, throws them away goes back through the lunch mine comes back with a burger and fries. Puts ketchup on those!! Starts to eat those and BAM. He finally caught on. He's like someone put hot sauce in the #### ketchup!! He's cussing about whooping whoever did, all while we're laughing out tails off. From that point on he would always check the ketchup before using it. That was nearly 20 years ago but I still think of it from time to time and get a good laugh!!

Big Don, chopper103in and taxihacker66 Thank this.
  6. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Draining sardines and hiding the can under a coworkers car seat. Have taken the forklift and hide one coworkers car.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.