Transam trucking - lease program

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by 2insane, Oct 11, 2009.

Are you a Lease Driver

1. *

YES

12.9%
  2. *

NO

48.6%
  3. *

THINKING ABOUT IT

28.0%
  4. *

I WAS

11.5%
  1. slaved8months

slaved8months Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2011
    germantown md
    am also a victem of TransAm. with shame I confes that in the 8 months I was there I took home less than 4,000 dollars, and majority of the time I ran over 3,000 miles. I ended up in the KW shop twice both times for the same problam which was a warranty job. First spent 3 nights in a hotel, and then seven nights, as for the family orianted company it was not in their best interest that I spend this time at home with my family. In the contract it states any expenses occured under a warrenty repair such as hotel, truck payments, los of wages, ect... will be covered by the manafacture, that didint happend and I ended up in the hole for a long time. When I finaly broke even I quit, for fear that I might be slaved all over again. need help to salvege my dignity.

ghostchild Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slaved8months

slaved8months Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2011
    germantown md
    I've never felt so stupid for working hard until I went to TransAm.

4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Oh I bet the warranty covered it all,trans am probably pocketed all the $$$

5. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Do this the smart way! GO HOME FIRST for 4 days. The reason follows in a little bit! Unload everything out of the truck except:
    1 large nylon carry bag that will hold the following:
    5-7 pairs of:
    pants
    shirts
    socks undies
    jacket
    ditty bag (military term for personal hygiene stuff)
    dirty clothes bag

you will need your laptop case
    your thermos bottle
    your coffee cup
    meds

These will all be able to go on the flight home or the bus without having to pay extra for all the other crapola you have in the truck!
    The mantra here is if it doesn't fit in your 2 bags you DO NOT NEED IT!
    Remember there is a BIG bag for the luggage compartment one for carry on and your laptop case. Thats all you need for the last 2 weeks! If you can afford to trash it at the yard then do that!

As soon as you get home you will write a letter to Human Resources or personnel and one to Johnnies boyfriend Ron that will be called "Voluntary Termination Letters". I attached one below for you to copy or use as a sample It does not need to be complex and long drawn out as they might not get past the words Termination!

These need to be written as if you have an english degree or at least spelled properly and with proper grammar telling HR/personnel in one and Ron in the other that you are terminating your employment with this letter, giving them 2 weeks official notice! From, add 2 days to today or the day you write this letter. You can put any BS reason you want in the letter BUT the best thing to do is BE NICE! Write that this was a bad business decision on your part as you did NOT get legal advice when you signed the contract [in that speed signing session that they have] OR just leave it at the lawyer part and tell them this is voluntary termination on your part. Just be professional with the letter as you would if quitting working for Donald Thrump before he fires you!

You WILL put in the notice that you will return the truck to their terminal of choice BUT you would prefer that it is returned to the terminal where it was issued to you so that there will be no abandoned or quit under load DAC/USISS/HireRight reports to that company.

Make a copy of the signed pages.
    You can, if you want, get them both notarized for effect!

Take them to the post office and send them return receipt requested. This will cover your arse from the notorious DAC report of:
    quit under dispatch
    or
    abandoned equipment

WAIT 3 days or until your at home time is over and when you sign back in on QC the FIRST message you send and screw that other crapola untill this message is sent is this unless they finally put in a "I Quit macro" which wouldn't surprise me in the least is this message,

" I'm giving TransAM my 2 week voluntary termination notice effective on the date in your letters. I wish that the truck be returned to the terminal you require it to go to BUT I would rather prefer the one you want. Send it, then do the rest of your "office stuff!" while waiting for the "OH PLEASE OH PLEASE DON'T QUIT US" message and believe me you'll get it AND your cell will go insane!

Now the reason you unloaded the tractor and CLEANED IT OUT better than you got it and then took pictures of it is so you don't get hit with some "charges" later! They will try this!
    You will also I hope had taken pictures of that POS when you were issued it! I know the "detailing" they give at Olathe was just a little better than a BJ air gun and they sprayed that crapola Armor All on top of all the dust and dirt on the floor and that was a detail! I too was stupid enough to drive for Johnnie but not stupid enough to sign that rental! It's NOT a real lease!

BUT Anyway you now have enough stuff in the truck that will fit on a bus or plane ride home with no extra costs to you! You need no more stuff than this. Oh, your map book also! When packing that last night put it on the bottom of the bag. But leave the crapola you don't need to wear or use while driving!
    Micro waves, coffee pots, guitars or violins and toys can stay at home unless you want to pay out of your pocket which TA isn't going to pay for or might not pay for the bus ticket either and rent a car or U-Haul and drive it home. Bus or airfare will be cheaper and easier as most car rentals do not like a oneway rental but U Haul is setup for that. Me, I'll fly and carry only what is paid for in the ticket! The rest can go in the trash broken if no one wants to buy it! I paid for it and will sell it but I'll be darned if I'll give it away unless it's a friend I know!

You get your carry on which is a small nylon bag that your laptop and ditty bag will fit in (if flying remember those stupid liquid amounts and lord forbid if you take that dangerous nail clipper that you could kill someone with so that can go into your big bag but everything you should have on the truck will go on all that free luggage even your sheets and blankets or a sleeping bag!

When you pull into Olathe in the inspection lane and you tell the inspector that you are turning in the truck and have your camera in your hand (with the date turned on and if you have it the geotagging! Let them say it was somewhere else with geotagging as proof to DAC!) and want a written and signed form from him and then start to take pictures of the outside of the truck. EVERY little ding, dent, scratch, chip, the tires from several angles, the engine and try to get one or two with the mechanic in it and of the building in the back ground and stand outside of the tractor and take a few of the inside just so they know you did that also!

You get a mechanic at the yard with the truck and building and they hit your DAC with an abandoment on it or under load or some low life BFI thing that has happened with many companies, you'll be able to send pictures with geo tagging, copies of inspection report, letter, and USPS return receipt card to them as proof that TA is a little wrong with their reporting and this will also be good for your next job application.

The good thing if you get a bad DAC from this is if you send these copies to your next application company who has an issuse with that DAC report and you have all this proof it just makes the reporting company look stupid in their eyes!

Be sure the inspection form is complete and that it says no damages or flat tires. If you rented a POS I truly hope it was written down that you did rent a POS and you are now returning said POS back in the same or slightly better condition than when it was so thoughtfully handed to you!

This is called a COVER YOUR ARSE move! Every thing from the 2 letters that you have the signed receipts from the USPS to pictures and Qualcomm messages which you took a few pictures of with date stamp and geotagging to the pictures of the interior and exterior of the truck along with the checked off and signed inspection report!

I could have searched for this thread and posted the link but what the heck I have lots of time on my hands but here go read this one also! http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...vice/96189-what-do-when-quit-pos-company.html and this one about what to do when you get that new job! http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...s-advice/94252-what-do-when-you-get-your.html
    Good Luck and I hope you learned that fleecing errr leasing is not a good deal no matter what a cheerleader can sing about!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  6. ghostchild

ghostchild Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2009
    All I can say is 'Trucking can be like a bad marriage'...

Heart felt condolences go out...

7. JoJo1

JoJo1 Bobtail Member

Aug 9, 2011
    lizella, georgia
    TransAm is a leasing company, that leases trucks to inexperienced drivers that have no idea in what they are getting themselves into. You may or may not succeed. Actually only 1 in a 100 ever complete a 6 month lease agreement with them. Safety bonus you can forget that, they will find something to get that every time. Overall if you dont mind running and luckily get a DM that knows what he or she is doing you will make a little money, you WILL NOT GET RICH. And just wait until you turn that good ole KW in, you better not have a scratch on it or 500 bucks, but they will take that in payments. Best thing if you dont have experience and are new to this industry, is find a Company that will take you, and work as a Company Driver a year or 2, then you can start looking for better pay. Remember its only a short time before all Trucking Companys have to utilize E-Logs, thanks to good ole CSA 2010 and it clock by the minute, so your miles will decrease. And if you ever want to see home TA is not a choice for you. If you are at home, payments keep a coming.

8. rthaipan

rthaipan Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Sarasota, FL
    I just terminated my scam lease with Transam Leasing and was informed that if I was due anything it would be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks. I seriously doubt that I will see any of the $2,000.00 they owe me for my last 2 weeks.

I am looking for an attorney to initiate a suite against Transam Leasing. If there is an attorney that is working on or willing to start a class action suite please contact me.

I actually did ok compared to most, but this lease is sold as a own your own business, but it is impossible to be an actual business as you cannot make more that simple wages. I worked for TA for 7 weeks and averaged $13.00 an hour if I get my last 2 checks. There was no profit just wages, so this does not meet the criteria for a business as the definition
    (A business (also known as enterprise or firm) is an organization engaged in the trade of goods, services, or both to consumers.[1] Businesses are predominant in capitalist economies, where most of them are privately owned and administered to earn profit to increase the wealth of their owners. Businesses may also be not-for-profit or state-owned. A business owned by multiple individuals may be referred to as a company, although that term also has a more precise meaning.)
    as only wages were made and no profit was generated.

I did everything that I was told in training to be succesfull, but I had no control over the miles given. I averaged 2600 miles a week, but that is not enough to make it with a Transam Leasing lease. They will blow smoke up your arse that you will get 2800-3200 miles a week, but it just will not happen.

If you are a new driver stay far away from TA. There are other very reputable companies out there, but TA is not one of them. If you do go with TA only go company. There is only a financial advantage to TA if you lease as you will save them over 30% in cost as apposed to them paying a company driver.

Jackofalltrades1977 Thanks this.
  9. turtletrucker

turtletrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 31, 2011
    U.S.A

Its going to be hard to ever win a law suit when you signed the contract.

10. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I'm not sure why this old post was dug up again, but the math seems to be a tiny bit on the wrong side.

11. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Let's use the 2419 miles in a week as an example. Not a spectacular week.

The rate is 84 cpm, but a couple deductions(one being maintenance) brings it down to 74 cpm

2419 * 0.74 = 1790.06

Fuel surcharge just went back to 45.9 cpm

2419 * 0.459 = 1110.32

My total fixed costs is $909.34, including optional purchases that I felt were good to get(especially the buy down insurance).

$2900.38-909.34 = 1991.04

If you follow the fuel optimization, Trans Am passes off their pump discounts to you. The leasing department told me it was anywhere between 20 to 40 cents per gallon cheaper than pump price, roughly. So let's say my average price per gallon after the discounts was $3.70 and I got 7 mpg.

2419 / 7 = 345.57 gallons of fuel used.

345.57 * $3.70 = $1278.61

$1991.04 - 1278.61 = $712.43

Okay. So this wouldn't be enough to make most happy, especially since its a 29 cpm profit, but I don't remember earning a $700 paycheck at Swift except for once or twice. I was just using the example and pointing out the holes in the math.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.