Trucker Killed a Teenager & Kept Going

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Nitemare13, Sep 26, 2015.

1. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    You would be surprised. She hit me just as the light was turning green for me. I thought nothing of it. I was lost,confused, mind blown. Here is the kicker. She didn't have a license,insurance,car wasn't hers. And my insurance called me a month later and told me they were dropping me bacause of the accident being my fault. Lol I was dead stopped first inline at a red light. And had a police report. Still had to hire a lawyer. What a nightmare

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    How were you cited if you were stopped for a red light? Did your lawyer make any headway?

4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    He didn't say he was cited. He said his insurance dropped him, even though he had a copy of the police report. At least that is how I read it.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  5. Sustanon

Sustanon Light Load Member

Dec 19, 2010
    KY
    There is no doubt in my mind that the driver didnt felt the impact of that magnitude,i think that should be leaving a scene of an accident at the least,he/she could of save this girl life by stopping and calling 911.

6. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Make sure you use plenty of Windex on that crystal ball of yours.

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed and Mudguppy Thank this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Having worked a few truck wrecks and now driving if the driver did know bury him. If he didn't glad he is given the benefit of the doubt for now. Sad for the family though and I have had to walk up to too many doors to deliver that news.

tinytim and Big Don Thank this.
  8. Alaska76

Alaska76 Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Inland Empire, WA
    Not even when your shorts got hung up on the fence?

Sorry, could not resist...your avatar:biggrin_25524: and that statement...:laughing3: Priceless! :laughing-guffaw:

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I got rear ended by a Toyota Yaris in a construction zone on a city street at a red light...she hit her brakes hard enough to drop her bumper below my ICC bumper...all I felt was what seemed like my air-ride equalizing after a semi hard brake (stopped quick, but not hard enough to trip the anti-lock). Didn't realize I was hit until I moved and the shadow of her car didn't...once I could see the car in my mirror, I realized it wasn't the air-ride...so it looked like I was moving the crash vehicles to a safe location to so the paperwork.

If he got hit hard enough to be a fatality, I am betting the next time he checks his ICC bumper, he will see some damage.

What strikes me as odd, "whitnesses say it was a silver or white truck"...didn't any of these whitnesses try to catch and stop this truck? Trucks aren't all that fast.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    tinytim and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I feel like we are hashing out following to closely again.

Straight Stacks Thanks this.
  11. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    I think many here are playing judge and jury as usual. I get sick of reading posts on this site about accidents that involve trucks...as if it isn't broadcasted enough negatively towards truck drivers daily by the media.

Mudguppy and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.