US Xpress Review OTR Perspective

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Vito, Dec 30, 2015.

1. JesusFreak

JesusFreak Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Huntington, IN
    You pick up at the dc and deliver to the stores it's suck it hard work but I was being 1200 a week home. I would not do otr with us xpress u less you love Maryland and Vermont. There is always opening on Walmart and dollar general and family dollar accounts. When u go to Springfield Theresa will come in and talk to you about them and she can and will get u on one if you want guaranteed

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdpetheram

sdpetheram Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I loved it here as a team driver.

My co driver quit a month ago and had I been a year into experience I woulda followed suit.

As a solo driver I cant get more than 2600 miles a week. (I have had a 2600 mile week a 2500 mile week 1800 mile and then a 2200 mile week. This weeks shaping up to only be 1500 due to truck issues)

My fleet manager is pretty friggin cool.

But cool fleet manager is not worth low miles.

As of right now I should have been home at 1am today, I am not complaining as of yet as I know this happens. But lets see if they rectify this tomorrow.

4. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    USx was the worst company I worked for, surpassing swift in the categoty

5. Annonymous

Annonymous Light Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Connecticut
    At least ur getting that much. I only average 2200 here at usx. Same thing as you my fleet manager is pretty cool my home time is not always precise but is this industry you have to be a little flexible with the whole time precision... What I have realized is that most of their orders are 450 miles and with that it's hard or nearly impossible to get 3000 miles with a bunch of little orders and all the wasted time getting loaded and unloaded not to mention delivery times on a 450 mile is like two days or 3 when we could actually deliver it in one day so that sucks. When I was in orientation I actually brought up to the instructor about all the drivers complaining about only getting 2002 2500 miles a week and she said we will get 3000 miles and not to pay attention to those people you probably lost their job for being slackers. Well now I know that's not true most of their runs are short and they take a lot of time getting loaded and unloaded and big Windows to deliver. If you need a job it's not a terrible place to work the staff is pretty nice it is honestly just there runs that suck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.