violating FCC rules

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by m16ty, Oct 20, 2016.

1. mike5511

mike5511 Road Train Member

May 15, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    There will always be something "new and improved". I'm guessing you meant 2009??? How do you think I felt when I bought the first "Brand New" Harley I've ever owned in 2008? Yeah, I wasn't very happy when 2009 models came out! But I've done some mods and just made a 4000 mile trip on it this year. 6 trips to the Rockies and one to the Smokies and she hasn't let me down yet! I think I'll just keep her.

slim6596 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Oops. Fat thumbs. 2013

4. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Looks like they are at least sending out several nasty letters but that's all I saw on the link. I wonder how many of those cases actually end in fines and/or imprisonment?

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Most of those people are smart enough to dispose of the illegal stuff once they get the warning letter.

6. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I am going to guess most stop once they get the warning letter. I am not sure how many do not. I have access to WestLaw and they do go after folks, they use the letter as a should have known. From my searches they usually fine them, but there was one repeat offender in May that was sentenced to 24 months, but he had 2 prior equipment and $$$ fines. The sad part is, they still fined him $50K with the jail time. He was broadcasting on 154.055 and had modified equipment.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    If you read the bottom of the letter, they have 10 days to reply and after that the enforcement goes into fines and such. Yes, they have 10 days to dispose of the offending equipment. That should at least make a conviction a little harder with no evidence.

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Here's my letter. The funny thing is nobody witnessed what sort of equipment I had or did not have installed in my personal vehicle and I was never observed breaking any laws. This was simply my ex-wife making a phone call and Reporting what she suspected as if it was fact.
    I called the phone number in the letter and told the guy he was welcome to come inspect my vehicle and my home and that any phone calls would have come from my ex-wife or her attorney and everything was completely unfounded but he was welcome to come out and check my stuff out if he was interested and that was the end of it.
    [​IMG]

slim6596 and m16ty Thank this.
  9. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    "transmitting obscene, indecent, or profane words, language or meaning on your CB radio station"

I wonder how many times a day that rule is violated. It's got to be in the millions.

Rubber duck kw and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  10. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I wonder how they figured they could actually enforce that rule

11. Gadfly

Gadfly Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Interfering with police or emergency communications, or transmitting a false distress signal can getcha into some REAL trouble! Dunno why they couldn't, or didn't, find the guy in this case, but the thing is, they CAN. If you are transmitting a signal it can be located within a few feet! Computer technology is now well beyond the days of simple DF and triangulation! And the CB myth that a mobile can't be found is just that: a myth! A few diehard rambos have found out the hard way!:eek:;)
    Running a few extra watts, in itself, is not usually enough to get you noticed. Running boo koo's of them "big radios and linears", causing interference to other services(such as the nearby ham frequencies) CAN! Especially if somebody complains about it!
    So run your 25-50 watts, or your "export" radio, keep it clean (signal wise), with none of those "snipped and clipped" splattering mods, and your prolly OK!:)

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.