‘17 INT Prostar 10 speed Auto lunges forward when braking. Please help

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Jneria1991, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Jneria1991

Jneria1991 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2023
    When I apply my brakes my truck seems to fight back and keeps wanting to drive forward. It happens when I slow down to a creep (2nd gear) and when I brake it won’t brake. I’ve almost rear ended cars when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic bc the truck won’t stop when I apply brakes. Apart from that major issue I’m dealing with I’m also dealing with it not going into reverse or drive and it’ll beep at me. Sometimes it won’t get out of 2nd gear and rev high. I’ve taken it to multiple shops and no one can figure it out. I’ve even had trans work done on it. Still nothing. One shop mechanic tried to drive it into the bay and he had to force the brakes down bc the truck wasn’t stopping and nearly hit another truck. In the process of forcing the brakes down the yoke popped clean off and drive shaft fell to the floor :/
    Someone please help. I’m desperate!!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JB7

JB7 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2022
    Automatic as in Allison automatic or an Eaton Ultrashift (hybrid) transmission?

77fib77 Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    pretty sure this is an eaton, need to go to the dealer to see if the ECM connections are leaking.

77fib77 Thanks this.
  5. circle h

circle h Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Sounds like a Automated with a clutch release problem.

Heavyd and 77fib77 Thank this.
  6. JB7

JB7 Medium Load Member

Dec 13, 2022
    TRDR0943.fm (eaton.com) Snapshot and PD Modes explained. Contact Eaton technical support at (800) 826-4357 for review.

Attached Files:

Heavyd Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.