‘79 359 Short Hood 350 Big Cam Day Cab

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by GreenPete359, May 12, 2018.

1. slickWillie1980

slickWillie1980 Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Mt Olive, NC
    Quite possibly lol

OLDSKOOLERnWV, Grubby and Tug Toy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Who is complaining about having to drive old trucks? Maybe they are complaining about driving raty, broke down, POS trucks that someone else owns and doesn’t take care of? Mine is not that old but I love my 2001. Most guys on here like there old trucks as far as I can tell?

Opendeck Thanks this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Nice theres a few bullracks up here you can see who it is from a mile away very nice kws and Petes.

Opendeck and slickWillie1980 Thank this.
  5. slickWillie1980

Sep 2, 2015
    Mt Olive, NC
    Them bullrack fellas more times than not have nice rides. It must pay pretty well

Opendeck Thanks this.
  6. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio

Gotta be them durned Millennials!

slickWillie1980 Thanks this.
  7. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    well if you have 4 or 5 trucks sitting around the yard and a few motors scattered around you just might be a red neck

8. slickWillie1980

Sep 2, 2015
    Mt Olive, NC
    Lol more than likely lol

9. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    Yea they get paid pretty good usually, never understood some of the ones pulling a bullrack with a freightliner.

Opendeck and slickWillie1980 Thank this.
  10. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    No offense to anyone but I agree it's the millennials. As the computers take over the world and the steering wheel holders do less and less a real truck will only Bewilder them like a Rubik's Cube.

"Wait wait! You mean the computer won't shut the truck off for me? I have to have common sense to let it idle for 2 minutes? What? I have to watch the gauges? You mean the computer won't set off fancy little ding ding ding Bells and automatically shut the engine down? What kind of a world is this? You mean I have to actually control my own speed going down the road and know when it's safe to go a little faster or when I have to go a little slower? No no no the computer automatically limits me. Wait wait! You mean I have to know to watch the tachometer so that I don't over rev the engine? What kind of a DINO SOAR world is this? Next you're going to tell me that the truck won't automatically take care of my time and tell me when I have to stop and keep track of everything for me. You're telling me I have to actually take out a pen and write? No no no that can't be right. Next you're going to tell me I have to know how to use a clutch and actually shift gears. Oh my God my head is going to explode! Agghhh!!! Stop the insanity!!! I can't take anymore!!!

Please put me back into a truck that'll wipe my hiney"...

Real men drive real trucks.

11. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    Well as a 22 year old I have to say you're probably right but I'm glad I don't drive a hiney wiping truck.

Dino soar and slickWillie1980 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.