⚠️ALL ROADS Connecticut CLOSED TUESDAY @ 5:00am⚠️

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by Zigzag777, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Peelsession

Peelsession Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Sioux City, IA
    IMG_0395.PNG

x1Heavy and Zigzag777 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I ain't skerd.
    Wife bought eggs, bread & milk
    I bought beer, Ben & Jerry's

We good.

x1Heavy, Zigzag777 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I'm watching CNN every hour the blizzard is getting worse.A couple hrs ago PA was just wet a guy on a bike was out.Now the snow is starting to stick and sleeting out.Better park it folks soon the govenors will pull all semis off the road.

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  5. Infosaur

PA already has a list of restrictions so long I lost count. (Empties, doubles, triples, hazmats, etc.)

Any minute now they're just going to say "screw it, everybody out of the pool."

Question: when they say all non-essential employees stay home, when do they ever bring them back? Do we really need unessential workers hanging around the water cooler all day?

Zigzag777 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  6. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Living at the western tip of Lake Superior I've always gotten a kick out of the reactions of the east and south to snow.

I drove through it Sunday night in MN and it's a good storm headed out east for sure.

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I love it .... clean out those grocery stores and run those gas stations dry ... the apocalypse is coming!!!! ......lol

BoostedTeg, Zigzag777 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. Infosaur

Actually from what I see it's not that bad out. I'm pretty sure I've driven through worse. But by closing most businesses they took 95% of those darn crazy 4 wheelers off the road.

If the roads were heavily traveled the traffic & friction would probably help keep them clear, but the inevitable carnage from impatient/incompetent drivers would lead to wrecks everywhere.

If this storm started say, around noon instead of midnight, most places would probably have stayed open and you'd have a 7 hour "rush hour" as businesses closed "early" and people rushes the stores at the height of the storm.

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  9. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Latest thinking is the major cities won't get the big snow accumulation numbers..... storm is to close to the coast...

NYC 4-8.... Boston 4-8 also

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

Zigzag777 Thanks this.
  10. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    Yea, just checked the radar. South jersey is all rain and long island is all pink (sleet). But past that line it is heavy snow. I am in Northeast PA. Knee deep drifts already.

tucker and Zigzag777 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.