⭐️UPS Question⭐️

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Barbeque, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Capari1

Capari1 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2019
    You have any info about the ups otr feeder teams?,pay,routes,days out,how do you choose your partner...etc....thanx ahead!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

Not the greatest pic, but a good illustration of what we got; Lots of tandem and single volvo ploppers. Also some tandem liners and kw's too.

NOTE: We freight.

4. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    NOTE: this is for freight. i don't know jack about parcel and i don't give a dam either.
    To the best of my knowledge:

1) Minimum $1500 gross for just driving, dropping+hooking, fueling. You don't touch jack diddly.

2) 4 day work week. You can work more to make more $$$ if you want @ certain terminals

3) You bid on runs. If you get the run, then you pick your partner. This means, theoretically, that someone brand new to the company on day one, and possibly has never driven for any other company---because we do hire and/or train complete newbies, could be grossing at least $1500 on a 4 day workweek. i have seen this and met someone in this very position.

It's all about luck, timing, and terminal. Not just teams, but anything LTL.

5. Bigdog69inSC

Bigdog69inSC Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2016
    UPS feeders are adding 1,000+ sleeper runs over the next few years because they are taking loads off the rail to speed up time in transit. I know Louisville and Chicago are hiring sleeper drivers off the street and I think Jacksonville will be as well.

I am a feeder driver and cover sleeper runs occasionally. Right now pay for doubles is $.90 per mile split with $.035 per diem on all miles. You also get hourly pay ($38+/-) for most of the hours you are waiting at hubs, it's difficult to explain in writing.

Schedules and miles are all over the place. We have a few teams that run 3750 miles with almost no delay time for roughly $1850 a week. The longest is almost 6,000 miles with 15+ hours of delay time, they gross over $4000 each per week but are out over 5 days. Average is probably 4500 miles and $2650 per week.

The schedules are usually tight so some days you need to drive your full 11 with only a 30 minute meal.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.